Guess I'm Getting Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
    I hear ya man. I was in there yesterday when you came in. I had the black dna with flo green accessories Charlie was gonna set up for my son. It’s set on 45lbs, my son decided he didn’t want it so I shot it this morning at 45lbs & man it felt good. It’s a lot different than my 70lb Full Throttle. I’m thinking I may just hunt with it. I’m gonna shoot it through the chrony & see what’s it shooting with my zombie slayer shafts & maybe turn it up to 50lbs.
    That stinks that he didn't want it, but hey, you got a new bow!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
      That stinks that he didn't want it, but hey, you got a new bow!

🤣🤣🤣 like I needed a new one. I’ve got 6 hanging in the closet now. And ones a 70lb dna. But I’m sure one of my boys will shoot it some day.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ"]Welcome to the party, pal! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
          Was shooting today at my local pro shop(C&S Archery) and my shoulder started killing me. I guess 70 lbs is too much for me anymore.[emoji16] Backed my Elite Synergy down to 60 lbs, and what a difference it made. Way easier to draw back and my grouping actually got a little better. Guess I need to stroke my bruised ego and accept the fact that I'm not 25 anymore.[emoji1787][emoji1787]

I just went from 70 to 60. Huge difference.

Comment

Sissy!!

Just kidding, I just turned 40 and can feel aches in my shoulder I’ve never felt.

Comment

Man I know. Getting old isn’t for Wimps. I’m 57 and pulling 64 lbs. The Range wears me out, but if I’m hunting, that 64 lbs. feels like 20 when drawing on an animal. Adrenaline is Awesome.

Comment

just wait until you all get to 73 I have mine set at about 53 and when its warm
                I can pull 55 but when it is cold and been setting a while can't pull it back
                so broke out the crossbow

Comment

I used to draw 70, then down to 65, then to 60. After that I swapped bows, shot at the max, (60), then finally went to 55. They still kill !

Comment

I've been drawing 60 lbs since 2007 at age 37 and have never felt like I was underpowered... Best decision I ever made with a bad shoulder and I'm never going back. This new Traverse is so dang smooth maxed out at 60 with passthroughs , I couldn't imagine going to back 70lbs ever again.

Time to update.. Today's 60 is yesterday's 70..

Comment

Yea 70# ain’t for women and children

Comment

I hear ya Chris. I’m still shooting 70, but my next bow will be 60. This will probably be my last year with this bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          I've been drawing 60 lbs since 2007 at age 37 and have never felt like I was underpowered... Best decision I ever made with a bad shoulder and I'm never going back. This new Traverse is so dang smooth maxed out at 60 with passthroughs , I couldn't imagine going to back 70lbs ever again.

Time to update.. Today's 60 is yesterday's 70..

Same. I'm at like 62 and I can't imagine going back to 70.

I used to shoot like 74# with a 5" overdraw and a 24.5" Easton XX75 arrow. I just wanted speed....I didn't know ****.

Comment

One of mine is a 70 and the other is a 65. Makes me wish I would have started looking at 65lb limbs a longtime ago. It’s the perfect balance.

Comment

Mine's at 68#, and dropping it down a bit has crossed my mind. It makes sense. It's been quite a while since I was a young buck.

Comment

When I talk to people these days that pull 70+ pounds I always have to ask why. If it's comfortable for ya and you like it then knock your lights out. As for me, I only need to shoot thru 'em once.

Comment

Working...
                                X