Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Women and Their Quirks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has been pretty stressed about being away from home
    If she's never acted that way before and you love her then I'd chalk it up to the above.

Comment

i keep coming back to this thread hoping for more pic's

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          A feller can put with a lot of crap if his woman has money. I knowed a man that shacked up with a rich gal for a while. Told me she was meaner than a sack full of red wasps, but she bought him a boat.
          There is a gentleman who has a nice spread on the outskirts of the hill country. He's married to serious money...and its comical to hear everyone talk about what happens when his phone rings and he sees her number. He goes to cussing a blue streak for a few seconds, answers the phone and is syrupy sweet as they talk, then hangs up and goes back to cussing a blue streak. He told my dad "that Trace Adkins song is BS...tell anyone you know that is interesting in marrying for money to come talk to me, I'll straighten out their view of that lie"

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
            Same here.

She seems to have a couple of quirks that I'd love to put up with.

Comment

Been there, done that. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
                Most likely won't get any better. I remember the days of no cell phones when I would leave on a Friday to go hunt and return on Sunday to a smile and more than a hug usually. Can't imagine what the younger stage 5 clingers are like this days having grown up with phone from birth.
                Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                  If she's never acted that way before and you love her then I'd chalk it up to the above.
                  but why is she stressed? Is it because she is so insecure the OP might be doing? Has he given her a reason? If not then its a giant red flag and the OP needs to proceed with caution

Comment

Well, my 2 cents isn't worth even that, but insecurity and anxiety can be difficult to deal with. One melt down is just a bad day but you may notice patterns. A book on attachment theory named "Attached" gave me a lot of insight. Insecurity will provide it's own justification, proof, and reasoning which will not reflect reality.

Comment

Since you posted this to a public forum, I will give my take. No, this is not a quirk. It is a deep seated insecurity which you appear to already know about. It will take time, but that can be worked thru. But it takes communication to do that. I would be most worried about her response to conflict; silence. If she shuts down, you can't ever get past the problem. There is no communication.

I also have to tell you, the fact that she did not snap out of it when you said you took your dog to the vet (assuming you described the symptoms), and she showed no concern for the dog, that tells me all I need to know about a person.

Good luck with whatever path you choose.

Comment

Just apologize to her and say yes babe your right I was wrong .I should’ve never made eyes with the big ugly lady at the desk of the veterinarian clinic. Her ugliness just had me in a daze thinking about how lucky I am to have you .it made me lose track of everything including my phone.Hurry home I have a big surprise for you 😜

Comment

Brings to mind the old saying - Lock both girl and dog in the trunk of your car for a couple hours, see which one is glad to see you when you finally open the trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nobody is perfect - that's how it is. You choose what you can put up with, and what you can't. Doesn't matter what anyone else can put up with, or won't put up with.

Women being insecure is not a new thing. I blame a lot of it on Family and Friends. ESPECIALLY if there is a history with some of them.

I never did mind getting questioned on stuff like that, because I didn't have anything to hide. 2 1/2 years is a long time, but in the grand scheme of things it is not. Talk to her about it, get the feelings behind it, understand where it is coming from and become better because of it. Listen and communicate your thoughts as well.

Comment

How long have you been together? Is this the first 'episode' of her showing her crazy side? Maybe its me and my age, but the older I get, the less BS I tend to deal with.

Comment

Reading everyone's responses and there is no right or wrong answer. I personally dealt with a Bat Chit Crazy one once and I swear I'd never do it again. She had the insecurities that others speak of, supposedly due to having been cheated on by previous boyfriends. She was good looking, made good money, good in other ways, "wanted" to hunt and fish, and generally fun to hang out with when she wasn't throwing 20 questions. I've never been a wandering man so I figured I could change her by being an open book. I'd let her go through my phone, emails etc thinking I have nothing to hide and she will calm down. Nope, it just caused more questions. I could tell you stories, but it'd make your skin crawl and I don't want to embarrass myself for putting up with that crap.

Long story short, I gave it a year and it NEVER got any better. They are all a bit crazy, but CRAZY is an animal not worth dealing with. I will never get that year back of my life. If you can't enjoy your time away from her then it's not worth having her.

I had a buddy that decided to stick with his crazy one. 15 years later he is still dealing with it. He also no longer hangs out with his old friends because none of us can be around her.

My wife now truly likes to hunt and fish as opposed to "wanting" to hunt and fish to be with me. The other thing is she has absolutely no problem when I don't include her and it's just buddies. I will normally talk to her at least once a day when I'm on trips now. If by chance I forget or fall asleep without calling her at night its no big deal. Life is good...

Good luck with your decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X