Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
    Sometimes that is all it takes.
    OK...wait a sec....does your parents know your on the computer?!

Comment

Teacher Retirement is good . .

Comment

Don't use no double negative! ! . .

Comment

This thread is EXACTLY the problem with special needs in school districts. Literally 1000000 different opinions., and everyone only takes the the side of which is most BENEFICIAL or applicable for them.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Thanks Grizz. Proud of hi although he is more interested in fishing sometimes than paying his bills he is doing well. We did end up moving and changing school districts to get him what he needed. He had a teacher that checked on him about once an hour to make sure he was doing his work. If he got to anything he didn’t understand he just sat there. Original school said he was Oppositional Diafiant Disorder - basically said he was headed to prision. They would try to make him write but there is something he can feel with a pen going across paper that is like is taking a fork to a chalkboard. He would not write.
            Kindergarten teacher that had him pulled me aside and told me he was mis diagnosed. Said he would follow any verbal directions and even excepted punishment and never would not do anything for her except write. She let him use paint. We took him elsewhere and glad we did not listen to the original school district
            Our son has the exact same issue with writing on paper, actually can't stand to even touch paper, he also suffers from the prefer to fish syndrome.

I was a principal at the time and spent near what you spent on identifying and dealing with his issues and it worked. Public schools are set up for the masses, fact is one size does not fit all.

Until you have raised a child with special needs you have no clue and really should just stay in your lane...

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
              Don't use no double negative! ! . .
              I never was very good at math....

Comment

duplicate
                Last edited by kyle1974; 05-07-2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

School rant

I have a special needs kid, I didn't think it was relevant to post that in order to have an opinion that counts, but apparently so.

my issue is that special needs program grow without question, and regular ed programs (that makes up 85%+ of the school population) do without. In addition to my son who has some issues I have 3 kids in regular ed, so I don’t have a polarized view on Spec ed programs.

it's a sacred cow that can't be criticized, or questioned... apparently even by people who are administrators in public schools, who's job is to give every student a quality education, not just the ones who's parents demand special treatment.
                  Last edited by kyle1974; 05-07-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

It’s true gang! It’s a fact! My wife deals with this everyday! When she gets home in a while I will ask her for more details.

dont get me wrong I’m not judging those whose kids have a learning disability or those families that are doing the right thing for their children. Just stating what is actually happening to some educators and school districts

Comment

Hold on. What is this argument about again? I want to argue and **** people off but I don't even know what the argument is anymore.

Comment

It's about teachers doing their jobs...

wait..

It's about ISD's suck..

wait

It's how parents game the system so their kid gets 1 on 1 with the teacher and regular students get less teaching

wait...

It's about cows, math and don't not using double negatives!

Maybe we can issue more school bonds across the entire State and put 2 kids per classroom

Comment

My wife retires in a few years, looking forward to harmony. It is not the kids that are the problem for her, it is the parents and new young teachers that are not willing to put in the time it takes to do a great job that tick her off. Do I get to hear about it? Yes.
                          I wish you and your wife well.

Comment

I think the OP needs to see if they can get this kid tested. Then we will go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                              My wife retires in a few years, looking forward to harmony. It is not the kids that are the problem for her, it is the parents and new young teachers that are not willing to put in the time it takes to do a great job that tick her off. Do I get to hear about it? Yes.
                              I wish you and your wife well.
                              Gasp!! Your wife talks to you about her work?! So unprofessional. Don't shoot the messenger..just what I learned today.

Comment

If you can read this, thank a teacher . .

Comment

Working...
                                X