School rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Well you're not keeping your mouth shut very much on this thread. You just sound like the south end of a donkey.

You may want to start reading the thread again, very slowly, from the beginning.
    A lot of people that have been through it have responded back to you, but you haven't learned anything. You are the one speaking from ignorance.

Your responses are born of desperation because you are too proud to admit you are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
      What does PC have to do with anything? Have you had a child with dyslexia or ADHD? I have had two. One is a junior in college and the other is graduating High School this year. It hasn't been easy for them, or us, but I'm proud of them.

When I see someone posting this kind of garbage it ticks me off. If your wife gets annoyed at it, maybe she ought to do something else.
      completely agree, my daughter was diagnosed in 2nd grade after 2.5 grueling years of watching her struggle with learning and trying to keep up. Luckily our school district has a dyslexia program and shortly after they put her in the program things got much better and she was able to keep pace. Its easy to dismiss things but when it's your child and you watch them struggle for hours every night trying to keep up with work that most others are getting done during normal class hours and it has nothing to do with their level of intelligence then you change your tune pretty quickly. Im not arguing the kid in question is "normal" or not but everyone involved in this situation, including your wife should push to have the kid properly evaluated.

Comment

Wow, don't have a good come back so you stoop to a personal attack?
        How is that a personal attack? You got caught being a hypocrite and you talked yourself out of it. That takes talent.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
          completely agree, my daughter was diagnosed in 2nd grade after 2.5 grueling years of watching her struggle with learning and trying to keep up. Luckily our school district has a dyslexia program and shortly after they put her in the program things got much better and she was able to keep pace. Its easy to dismiss things but when it's your child and you watch them struggle for hours every night trying to keep up with work that most others are getting done during normal class hours and it has nothing to do with their level of intelligence then you change your tune pretty quickly. Im not arguing the kid in question is "normal" or not but everyone involved in this situation, including your wife should push to have the kid properly evaluated.
          We did, no help from the ISD.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
            How is that a personal attack? You got caught being a hypocrite and you talked yourself out of it. That takes talent.
            Calling me a Democrat? Yeah, that's a low blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
              How was I a hypocrite? I would like to know.

Comment

A lot of people that have been through it have responded back to you, but you haven't learned anything. You are the one speaking from ignorance.

Your responses are born of desperation because you are too proud to admit you are wrong.
                What am I wrong about? Are you saying the child has a disability? LOL

A good point was mentioned in this thread about people abusing the system so their kid gets special treatment. This was in reference to the kid being normal.

One would think a parent of a legitimate special needs kid would not want abuse of the system. But you seem to assume my wife's story is made up and she's ignoring a kid that needs help...which is pretty ignorant.

Comment

Wow, don't have a good come back so you stoop to a personal attack?
                  You won that ribbon with my ONE "posts" that you immediately "knew" me by.

Comment

This is starting to sound like a parent teacher conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                      Some of these post make people sound very stupid and uneducated. First of all, you don't cure learning disabilities. It's not a disease, it's a different way of learning.

The simple solution to your original post is to get the kid tested. This has nothing to do with PC.

Learning disabilities aren't more prevalent, they're just becoming more recognized and accepted for what they are.

I have dyscalculia and I can assure you, it's very real. I struggled through math classes all the way into High school. I did very well in all subjects except for math. I was finally tested and diagnosed my sophomore year. After I figured out the problem, I was able to receive different teaching methods. Once I got to college, I excelled and made A's in my college math classes with no assistance. I graduated college in 4 years with a bachelors degree and a minor with ease, with no special assistance.

So before more people go on commenting on a subject they have no clue about, thing twice. Some of yall sound like Obama trying to tell Chris kyle about what caliber to use.

Right on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We did, no help from the ISD.
                        At least I think we all agree that most ISD's suck.

Comment

What am I wrong about? Are you saying the child has a disability? LOL

A good point was mentioned in this thread about people abusing the system so their kid gets special treatment. This was in reference to the kid being normal.

One would think a parent of a legitimate special needs kid would not want abuse of the system. But you seem to assume my wife's story is made up and she's ignoring a kid that needs help...which is pretty ignorant.
                          The comments about the abuse of the system seem to be coming from people that have second hand information and no personal experience.

Again, we have a lot of friends that have kids with the same issues and none were abusing the system. While that is not all parents, I would venture to say it is more than you or any of the others making ignorant statements have experience with.

I don't assume your wife's story was made up, but the sweeping generalizations around it about kids with special needs and their parents is ignorant.

Comment

At least I think we all agree that most ISD's suck.
                            Yup. Common ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                              You won that ribbon with my ONE "posts" that you immediately "knew" me by.
                              Sometimes that is all it takes.

Comment

Getting personal in a discussion will never lead to a civil discourse. Are some Kids affected by certain learning disabilities, of course. Are some folks gaming the system, yes. I tend to give more credence to the unbiased observer who is attempting to resolve the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X