2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Saw 3 good bucks between the highway and the dirt road. Unloaded and went to check under feeders for pigs. There was deer at every corner.

Gonna be good in the morning and I can't wait. I've consistently shot my bucks the day before rifle opens. This I let my son skip school. Hoping for his 1st archery deer in the morning

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Great stuff. I have a 20 month old and can’t wait to let him skip school to shoot a buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
      Sat until 1:00 and saw 7 bucks cruising and chasing this morning in Cherokee County.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Can’t wait! I’ll be up there this weekend for an entire week in Cherokee county. Have been seeing lots of bucks just doing circles around our property looking for does

Comment

What happen in Houston and surrounding counties is that we had a huge group of does come in heat at once. The bucks all locked down on hot does. That started winding up 3 days ago and now the bucks are hungry and checking does hard. Not many locked down right now although a few does still popping. Life is good .

Comment

Anyone know how it's been looking in Van Zandt county?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            What happen in Houston and surrounding counties is that we had a huge group of does come in heat at once. The bucks all locked down on hot does. That started winding up 3 days ago and now the bucks are hungry and checking does hard. Not many locked down right now although a few does still popping. Life is good .
            I saw a toad of a deer locked down yesterday. He was 80 yards off the road and 1/2 mile from buccee.

There was a headless deer just before the river. Once I made my turn there was a 6 running in circles. Then 2 wide deer before the creek on the big ranch.

This morning has been a button buck and a doe . Both of which didn't like something across the fence

Comment

Sure thought this morning would be the one. 34 degrees and frost on everything and a whisper of north wind. Skunked so far.
              On top of that, contractors for the power company trimmed the sides of my right of way last week. Piles of branches knee high. They were supposed to have mulched everything up this past Monday, but it broke and now it’s sunk up to the axles on the side of the road. I talked to the crew and they plan to be here Saturday. Mowing while we are hunting. Just awesome.

Comment

15" 8 point so close I heard his poo hit the ground.

I'm not sure how rutty he was. No color in his hocks but he was sure checking scent in the air

Comment

This evening will be sweet

Comment

Went to check a camera at the back of our lease at 12:15 and saw a real nice buck crossing a logging road. Looked like he was cruising for does.

Comment

The mature bucks are running does on my camera. Had some smaller ones come in this eve.

I’m hoping he makes it a few more years. I’ve had these guys on camera and will let one fly if either appear tomorrow...

Comment

Anderson County sounded like a freaking war zone the first hour of shooting time.

Comment

Its mornings like this that make me wonder how many of those 3 year olds I've passed got shot

[emoji849]

Comment

Funny, here in Cass County I did not hear a gunshot until almost 8:30.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Hunted the Davy Crockett yesterday. I only saw two other people out bow hunting yesterday. My buddy shot his first doe with a bow at 10:30 am and at 5pm I shot my first DC buck. He came in pushing a doe around and almost got away from me. Ended up stopping him and sending one right through his heart at 35 yards. I can’t post photos since I’m not paying for Tapatalk I guess or I would.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                                Hunted the Davy Crockett yesterday. I only saw two other people out bow hunting yesterday. My buddy shot his first doe with a bow at 10:30 am and at 5pm I shot my first DC buck. He came in pushing a doe around and almost got away from me. Ended up stopping him and sending one right through his heart at 35 yards. I can’t post photos since I’m not paying for Tapatalk I guess or I would.

email them to me? bobby minchew

at

gmail

Comment

Working...
                                X