No announcement yet.

2019 show off your leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has a 100k+ miles on it in the last two years but holding up nicely. Attention grabber in the airport, that’s for sure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2D67B9CA-D4F2-4DCC-AFC5-2019D8610BAC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	24629313

Comment

Originally posted by austinRecurve View Post
      My latest - an arm guard made from alligator and lined with Italian vegetable tanned leather. Hand stitched, painted edges, black stretch cord, solid brass eyelets and boot hooks.
      Any tips, pointers or patterns you'd be willing to share? I tried asking in the DIY section but got crickets. If I use tooling leather, I would imagine I don't need to line it with anything, right?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
        Any tips, pointers or patterns you'd be willing to share? I tried asking in the DIY section but got crickets. If I use tooling leather, I would imagine I don't need to line it with anything, right?

Shoot me a message if you need any help. I didn’t see your post or I would’ve filled in. I’ve been doing leather work for a good bit and am a sponsor that sells on here too. I’ll help ya out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
          Shoot me a message if you need any help. I didn’t see your post or I would’ve filled in. I’ve been doing leather work for a good bit and am a sponsor that sells on here too. I’ll help ya out

Will do. Thanks!

Comment

Cool, are we back up on this? Then by golly I’ll post some projects.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Very nice leatherwork fellas. There is a Texas Ranger that is housed in my office. All the Rangers I know have amazing leather work for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            Very nice leatherwork fellas. There is a Texas Ranger that is housed in my office. All the Rangers I know have amazing leather work for everything.
                            A lot of that leatherwork is probably from prison craft shops. I worked 30 years in TDCJ and saw alot of Rangers buying leatherwork and metal work from the inmate piddlers. I have my share as well. There are some excellent leather workers in the craftshops. Quality was especially good 20+ years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                              A lot of that leatherwork is probably from prison craft shops. I worked 30 years in TDCJ and saw alot of Rangers buying leatherwork and metal work from the inmate piddlers. I have my share as well. There are some excellent leather workers in the craftshops. Quality was especially good 20+ years back.
                              Exactly. I had some stuff made as well when I worked at PD.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Some of what I’ve done. Lost most pictures when deleted Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                                X