Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
    "...and officials don't know why"

Yea right. I have a feeling that things are about to get plenty western in France..

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      Make no mistake, the war on Christianity has been raging for a looong time and is only going to get worse.
      For sure.

Comment

I am not a fan of the French. But it’s terrible to see Notre Dame burn, such an awesome structure, beautiful, historic. Just a sad deal. I got to see it back in the late 90’s.

There is a lot of anti-Catholicism feelings, not just with the Muslims though. It will be interesting if this is actually terrorism related

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
          As far as Christian relics probably lost. A portion of the true cross, part of the crown of thorns, one of the crucifixion nails. They were all kept in the spire
          I always wonder why plces like this are not all retrofitted with the best fire suppression technology know to man. So much human history around the world is in places like this and could be gone in minutes unnecessarily

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            I always wonder why plces like this are not all retrofitted with the best fire suppression technology know to man. So much human history around the world is in places like this and could be gone in minutes unnecessarily

Heck, I have my guns in a fire resistant safe. Surely they do something at least along those lines at a very minimum.

Update: a priest from the cathedral has stated that all artwork and holy relics have been removed and are safe

I am not a religious person, but the loss of history alone is really sad. I have been there about 20 years ago and it is breathtaking.

This place is like watching The View with the conspiracy theories on absolutely everything
            Last edited by asttbe; 04-15-2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Workers are saying it was arson................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                Would not be surprised

Comment

I’ve never been there, but looking at photos it is an amazing place. It’s such a shame to see it burn.

Comment

Sad to see this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The fact that churches in France had already been under attack in the last few months and being that this fire spread as fast as it did I was already figuring this.. A lot of accelerant and fires lit in multiple locations is probably going to be the case..

Comment

So Marcons supposed to address the Yellow Vest crowd tonight and then this happens? Hmmmm.

Anyway, it's a crying shame. That much is for sure.

Comment

Was there about a year and a half ago, this is a really sad deal seeing so much human history get burned up. I’m not a very religious person but I knew I was in a holy place when I went there.

Comment

France, Germany and most of these European countries have brought this upon themselves...their culture is being removed at a rapid pace....
                            They're are just not realizing how fast it is happening....and many Americans want it here....

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                              Link for that?

Also I'll get flamed for this but they sure were quick to point out the cause of it. Even while it was still burning.

Don’t know about dancing. But some are happy.

Comment

Yeah maybe. But I sure would hate to be the renovation company in charge when this happens

Comment

Working...
                                X