Notre Dame cathedral in Paris burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
    Really hope they find it was not intentionally set on fire. I’m glad to see it didn’t burn completely to the ground
    they were already saying that it was accidental. still smoldering. haven't even had time to do an investigation; but it was accidental... hmmmm.

Comment

If it was intentional, someone will brag sooner or later because of the importance of the cathedral and its importance to people around the world.

Comment

Went there a couple of years ago and all the glass work is what I remember the most.

I will say this I had just spent 6 months in Saudi Arabia and never felt as unsafe as I did in Paris and Rome. Anytime I was around large crowds I wasn't really enjoying it because I was looking around all the time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
            No doubt it was terrorism. Europe is lost to Islam. America is following in its footsteps. Liberalism will create it's own demise, because Islam wont tolerate it once in control. Sad day in our world.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
            Europe is pacified and ready to submit to liberal women and a culture that believes in subjugation of women and children. I wont cry for them. Their weakness allowed for this. They have always been weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
              Europe is pacified and ready to submit to liberal women and a culture that believes in subjugation of women and children. I wont cry for them. Their weakness allowed for this. They have always been weak.

France's three wealthiest family's have pledged $700 million to rebuild the place.

Fashion & make up moguls.

Money = Power. I agree with Speedgoats message.

Comment

I cry for the artwork and craftsmanship destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  This is true.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Article i read this morning said the fire was so hot, it melted the large round stained glass windows.

The news this morning did say that the other artifacts were saved because they were removed, such as the piece of crown of thorns and the nail from Jesus' crucifixion. But the priceless paintings on the walls were destroyed. Hundreds of years of history, gone.

Comment

I am surprised it wasnt worse than it could have been....that fire burned for more than 10 hours and they were walking around in their a few hours later....

It could have been really bad....

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                        Really hope they find it was not intentionally set on fire. I’m glad to see it didn’t burn completely to the ground
                        It is near a 100% certainty that they will stick to the " accidental fire" excuse.
                        I have my doubts about that but even if the police and fire inspectors find evidence of it being arson they will not let that out because they cant afford for the public to go on a killing spree.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          It is near a 100% certainty that they will stick to the " accidental fire" excuse.
                          I have my doubts about that but even if the police and fire inspectors find evidence of it being arson they will not let that out because they cant afford for the public to go on a killing spree.
                          No body went on a spree after ISIS attempted to burn it down in 2016.

I say roll the dice...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              The french go on a killing spree??

Comment

I was immediately sceptical of accidental ignition, but after hearing a few things today I think it is quite possible. heard someone bring up how construction technique back then didn't mitigate fire risk, so once it started it could spread fast. also, I would guess 800yr old wood might catch a spark. read something too that it hasn't been maintained well at all either. considering that, it isn't too crazy to think it was accidental.

I wonder if the companies/crews running the renovations will ever see litigation out of this. or if any "lessons" on how to run such projects come out of it. complete silence on those fronts over the next months/years would get me thinking back to the initial reaction ... no accident

Comment

Working...
                                X