No announcement yet.

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just when you thought it could not look any better.............you and your bride are cedar staining fools, you should be a master at it before long.......................

Rwc

Comment

Awesome build, congrats!

Built right in the middle of bear country, those were some good looking WT deer too.

Comment

Enjoy the new climate.

Comment

Black bear yes. Griz- not officially but there was a local report of a sow and cubs. Wolves- yes, up high. Mountain lions- yes I bumped a big one last archery season in a creek.

Cedar soffit is going in, looks great.

Mason will be here tomorrow, starting on fireplace cutting raised hearth and wrap-around mantle. I’m a believer in mock ups and / or prototypes to see what you’ll build. I wonder how close to this keystone/ arch design we’ll finish u?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

All that wood work is beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Kitchen cabinets out of box- all the uppers are the wrong height.

Good news- early in the am there’s a pronghorn buck rubbing his horns on my aluminum tripod water sprinklers where I reseeding the native grass where the power company made a mess digging power in from the road.

Comment

Post-sunset glow in the west tonight.

Comment

Truss stained over entry. Building double door from 3” thick reclaimed (old wood) white oak.

Kitchen cabinets and island going in.

One more dump run for me this afternoon.

Comment

Are we having fun, yet?

My neighbor was haying and reported a herd of 80-90 elk on a knob 3 miles away. Public land. Several nice bulls.

Keep staining!

Comment

Those shingles will still be there when you get back. Go check on the livestock.
                      Everything's looking great, Bill.

Comment

Heard on this clip it was near Bozman in 2019? Be careful out there Bill. Don't want any Bear having a Bill burrito.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l04Q57XKd90"]4 Gizz attacks[/ame]

Comment

There were 4 griz maulings in the Gravelies Range last archery season. 3 injuries and one got to the small medical center here and them life-flight to St James in Butte. Yeah, a fact of life.

The Snowcrest Mountains from our house in the distance are the northern part of the Gravelies.

We did a search and rescue training mission to the hot area near Black Butte earlier in July. Area familiarization, roads in/out, looking for high points with cell coverage (so called ‘phone boxes’) to position somebody for a communication relay from radio to the outside world.

My Honda P5 with a cooler for ice and water.

We have bear awareness training including firing inert bear spray at a rolling- in bear decoy. Carry UDAP with us. I supplement with 45 w/ Buffalo Bore 265 grain +P hardcast and my Mossberg 500 slug gun with 5 slugs in tube snd 5 more on butt stock.

Beyond that- it’s in Jesus’ hands.

Comment

Haha, I love that last paragraph!! You’re living the dream Bill!!

Comment

The cedar shakes got stained.

And are going up on the house. They look nice.

Comment

I know Montana is #4 in size behind Texas, but our rattlers hold their own in size. This guy was coiled in the dirt road near our gate. I “Dodge RAM’d” him. I’ve got it stretched and covered in Borax.

Comment

Working...
                                X