No announcement yet.

Conroe Catfishing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great info! Thanks. I’m gonna give it a go but if I remember right our shad don’t get on bulkheads till late May on LBJ? At least that’s when I’ve caught blacks on jerkbauts off of bulkheads. I assume catfish and bass follow the shad. Either way I appreciate the information from all.

Comment

Real dumb question, but what is a bulk head? Is it a man made structure, near the dam?

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
        Real dumb question, but what is a bulk head? Is it a man made structure, near the dam?
        Thats the wooden or concrete barrier that keeps peoples yards ftom eroding where the lake meets the property.

Comment

Ah,ok, we don't have those on our lakes.

Comment

Very cool congrats

Comment

I don't start fishing bulk heads until tax day. But I am fishing Cedar Creek. I like a weighted cork and a circle hook about 2 feet down, no weight on line.

Comment

Are the bulkheads in back of creeks, in protected coves, or main lake better?

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                  Are the bulkheads in back of creeks, in protected coves, or main lake better?
                  I have caught them off of all 3 you mention. Wind blown bulkheads seem to produce the best in my opinion that are right off the main lake but when the time is right all of them will be good. If you can find a bulkhead close to a creek channel with a little chop on the water even better.
                  Last edited by hogslayer78; 03-25-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X