Who buys this ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    All food tastes better if you quit dumping salt on it. Salt just makes everything taste like salt.
    All that chemically altered food needs salt to taste like anything. Organic food doesn't. I forgot how good a real strawberry or sweet potatoes were until I had organic. Reminded me of the ones my grandparents grew.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Luckily we have 18-20 chickens. The eggs are much better than store bought.

Man, if you ever spend time in Pittsburg and Mt Pleasant you may stop eating nasty *** chickens.

[emoji2961]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Some folks will argue that for the sake of arguing, but I concur with you...they taste much better. Thankfully we are supplied with all the farm eggs we can eat by my in-law's

And yes, driving thru the chicken industry areas will singe the hair in your nostrils

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
        Factory egg farms are all about production and reduced costs. I would assume the humane egg farms are more labor intensive and thus higher costs

[ATTACH]950817[/ATTACH]
        We helped Mr. Uland clean up one of these big houses. Someone burned it down one night. Talkin bout nasty! They had Ulands Egg Farm on Hwy.5.

Comment

Next marketing ploy will be to read a bedtime story to a chicken before tucking it in bed as it watches a little television prior to retiring for the evening.

Geez, it's a chicken folks............................................. ....

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
            Don't know how humane the hippies would see it, watching them peck the grain out of steer **** and get killed by hawks. Great life.
            Would you prefer life in an overcrowded jail or out in the big bad world where you could get in a car wreck or have some ole’ boy light you up for eyeballing his girl?

Comment

If we are going to use that analogy, I need to point out it in my coop, there is one rooster. He is handsome and has 9 pretty ladies right there in his lair. So, what we have here is a pretty lucky man in a women's prison.

Also, if we're going to stick with the analogy, I'm not sure that I wouldn't rather be the sole man in that women's jail with air conditioning TV and three meals a day rather than being homeless and picking oats out of steer s***.

Finally, my daughter accidentally let one of the hens out yesterday and couldn't catch her. Since then, she has spent every hour of daylight pacing around that Coop trying to figure out how to get back in.
              Last edited by Tex_Cattleman; 03-22-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                All that chemically altered food needs salt to taste like anything. Organic food doesn't. I forgot how good a real strawberry or sweet potatoes were until I had organic. Reminded me of the ones my grandparents grew.

It’s all the same. One gets sprayed with weed killer and pesticides, the other gets sprayed with “environmentally” friendly weed killer and pesticide. Lol. Try growing a garden in your back yard without using any type of weed killer, pesticide or fertilizer. Chances are weeds will take over, bugs will eat all your crop. Organic just cost more. Plenty of research that shows it’s no better for you than anything else.

Comment

The eggs I get at Walmart taste fine to me. Chickens are nasty birds. As are turkeys, ducks and any other you want to talk about. But chicken eats good.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    It’s all the same. One gets sprayed with weed killer and pesticides, the other gets sprayed with “environmentally” friendly weed killer and pesticide. Lol. Try growing a garden in your back yard without using any type of weed killer, pesticide or fertilizer. Chances are weeds will take over, bugs will eat all your crop. Organic just cost more. Plenty of research that shows it’s no better for you than anything else.
                    I respectfully disagree. I have a garden. Been growing one for about 4 years now. No fertilizer, no pesticides, no weed killer. I'm an agricultural development major from a&m, and there is definitely a difference. I'm no expert, but expert enough to know there is a difference. If you think girls having breasts at 8 or 10 yrs old is normal...well it's not. Look into vaccines while your at it. Crazy!!!!! Its all about the money. Heck, big pharma just bought monsanto. Wrap your head around that one. That would be like Exxon buying ford.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Anybody in Brazoria county I’ll cut you a heck of a deal on 100% pure organic pasture raised chicken eggs. $6/dz. I’m running 1 bird per acre ratio so they get plenty of free ranging in.
                      No joke that's what they go for at the "farmers " market here. Good for them if they get buyers tho lol

Comment

I respectfully disagree. I have a garden. Been growing one for about 4 years now. No fertilizer, no pesticides, no weed killer. I'm an agricultural development major from a&m, and there is definitely a difference. I'm no expert, but expert enough to know there is a difference. If you think girls having breasts at 8 or 10 yrs old is normal...well it's not. Look into vaccines while your at it. Crazy!!!!! Its all about the money. Heck, big pharma just bought monsanto. Wrap your head around that one. That would be like Exxon buying ford.

Agree

Also, there’s quite a bit more to being certified organic than most realize

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          All food tastes better if you quit dumping salt on it. Salt just makes everything taste like salt.
                          That’s why I use Tony’s

Comment

Dem dang ole vaccines done give dem kids de awtism.

I’ll stick with not having measles.

Comment

You can't bring that logic in here. They just don't get it. They make fun of the people trying to eat food instead of chemicals, then when they wind up with cancer(wrap your head around those increasing rates and the correlation to our food) they praying to jesus to heal them. Typical good ole boy conservative in today's America. Common sense has been to lost, to a non objective view of anything that they can tie, even by the remotest of ways, into liberalism, yuppie, etc.. Stupidity at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                                Dem dang ole vaccines done give dem kids de awtism.

I’ll stick with not having measles.
                                Ignorance is bliss. Kids today get about 3 times the vaccinations I got as a kid. And the delivery of them is 1000% different. Your kids will be fine tho. I'm sure cause the gubment says so. They always right and honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X