Who buys this ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
    I raised my own and like the brown ones but... humane? What the heck is next, gently removed from hen with a warm silky kerchief while talked to in a low calming voice.
    Don't give the yuppies any ideas lol. The price will go up another .50 cents.

Comment

Stepping foot on an actual commercial chicken farm might open your eyes. The conditions factory farmed chickens live in are deplorable. That being said, $4.33 a dozen is pretty **** pricey when you can source them at a farmers market for $3 per.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        Don't give the yuppies any ideas lol. The price will go up another .50 cents.
        This conversation is interesting to me. I consider myself fairly conservative but don’t want to cause unnecessary discomfort to animals. Commercial chicken farms seem to be far from humane or comfortable to the animals. Why anyone would be against treating animals humanely is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
          This conversation is interesting to me. I consider myself fairly conservative but don’t want to cause unnecessary discomfort to animals. Commercial chicken farms seem to be far from humane or comfortable to the animals. Why anyone would be against treating animals humanely is beyond me.
          I don’t think any decent human is against the most humane treatment of animals. I live less than 15 miles from a huge commercial egg farm. It’s horrible to say the least.

The problem is that the things that used to be considered “normal” are now viewed as a “specialty” that deserves/demands a higher price. The “city” folk that are tripping over each other to give their money away for these specialty items are the very reason they are so **** high. Someone is willing to pay it so why not charge it, right??

Comment

Im not at all agaisnt treating animals humanely. You should see the way our show pigs are treated. Washed and rubbed down with lotion daily. But I aint singing to no chicken for it to lay an egg in a golden hankie

Comment

But...........

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                    I don’t think any decent human is against the most humane treatment of animals. I live less than 15 miles from a huge commercial egg farm. It’s horrible to say the least.

The problem is that the things that used to be considered “normal” are now viewed as a “specialty” that deserves/demands a higher price. The “city” folk that are tripping over each other to give their money away for these specialty items are the very reason they are so **** high. Someone is willing to pay it so why not charge it, right??
                    The extra costs that are incurred are a factor. Going out on a limb here but I would guess that the markup is not any more than the markup on the cheap eggs.

The real question we should be asking is: why is cheap food so cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by Cody903 View Post
                      The extra costs that are incurred are a factor. Going out on a limb here but I would guess that the markup is not any more than the markup on the cheap eggs.

The real question we should be asking is: why is cheap food so cheap?
                      Is it really that “cheap” though when you factor in all the money spent subsidizing agricultural production?

Comment

Whats the proper dose of cheap eggs to cure a sinus infection?

Comment

Those eggs are fantastic. May not be those specific eggs in the carton but my mom and step dad farm the chickens for that brand and NestFresh.

And yes they are FREE range. Meaning the chickens can come and go in out the houses all day long. They are not stuck in the houses and it is sight to see. 25-30k chickens just roaming around the pasture. What’s funny is the train of chickens headed in when the sun is going down.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                            Those eggs are fantastic. May not be those specific eggs in the carton but my mom and step dad farm the chickens for that brand and NestFresh.

And yes they are FREE range. Meaning the chickens can come and go in out the houses all day long. They are not stuck in the houses and it is sight to see. 25-30k chickens just roaming around the pasture. What’s funny is the train of chickens headed in when the sun is going down.
                            Dammit. I got 20, couldn’t imagine 20k. That’s a lot of chicken crap.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              Dammit. I got 20, couldn’t imagine 20k. That’s a lot of chicken crap.
                              Hahah yea. It’s many tons of crap

Comment

Best eggs I ever had were from my backyard Easter egg chicks, Jesus and Brutus. Finally a bobcat got Jesus and I sold Brutus to a guy on here. The yolks were a dark, rich yellow, not that off white crap from the store. Wish I had a line on some now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X