No announcement yet.

ITC fire. Deer park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s the baldheaded operations manager that is going to get my throat punch . He keeps declaring that the air is being monitored as if this is a solution to this epic disaster . Come on dude, your career and your professional life as you knew it four days ago are now over. Step up and be a man about this thing and call it what it is....a disaster. My hats off to all the guys who work down, but this guy is a punk. Over and out, I am heading to Polk County for a few days. It smells like chemicals in the Heights (Downtown).

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
      Should be internal floater to get the amount of fumes down.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
      The floating roof is tipped over by now, the seal is gone with all those flames. Bad situation for sure, hopefully they get it under control soon, when you see flames inside the firewall thats not good. Losing water pressure last night was a killer, somebody dropped the ball on that one, as crucial as water was the supply should have had multiple backups.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
        The floating roof is tipped over by now, the seal is gone with all those flames. Bad situation for sure, hopefully they get it under control soon, when you see flames inside the firewall thats not good. Losing water pressure last night was a killer, somebody dropped the ball on that one, as crucial as water was the supply should have had multiple backups.
        A whole lotta should haves in this situation.
        Too many people dropped the ball on too many safety devices.
        If the foaming System
        would have worked like they were designed to this would have been over before it started almost.
        Now we have people put in their life on their lines because somebody cut corners and pinched pennies.

Comment

A whole lotta should haves in this situation.
          Too many people dropped the ball on too many safety devices.
          If the foaming System
          would have worked like they were designed to this would have been over before it started almost.
          Now we have people put in their life on their lines because somebody cut corners and pinched pennies.

I agree 100%, It’s going to be interesting when the root cause comes out. It seems to me that the ignition source had to be at the tank itself, lots of scenarios there.

Comment

I agree 100%, It’s going to be interesting when the root cause comes out. It seems to me that the ignition source had to be at the tank itself, lots of scenarios there.
            Ignition source is what I am interested in the most. Internal floaters keep a gas blanket on top of the floater at X pressure which means that oxygen needed to be introduced somehow. Could have been from the pvsv malfunctioning or something I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
              Ignition source is what I am interested in the most. Internal floaters keep a gas blanket on top of the floater at X pressure which means that oxygen needed to be introduced somehow. Could have been from the pvsv malfunctioning or something I guess.
              Could be a lot of things.
              Failed gasket, bleeder got opened by accident.
              Floor leaked, tank wall failed.
              Most likely however the product escaped a pump was probably the cause of ignition.

Comment

Could be a lot of things.
                Failed gasket, bleeder got opened by accident.
                Floor leaked, tank wall failed.
                Most likely however the product escaped a pump was probably the cause of ignition.

If there is a pump inside the firewall, bearing failure would do it. MOV electrical issue would be my second guess.

Comment

Big Thicket you should go over there and put one of your famous ribeye stakes on that bad boy. It should have a beautiful bark on it.[emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Big Thicket you should go over there and put one of your famous ribeye stakes on that bad boy. It should have a beautiful bark on it.[emoji23]

I'll cook it that way if you eat it [emoji16]

Comment

Your on .I know that it will be deliciousas long as I'm in the creek.

Comment

Delicious

Comment

Wife said they finally had a toxicologist of some sorts calling it like it is. Sick of our libs in charge and the way they're handling it. The way they're talking,I'm guessing they think they can save money in just payouts from settling out of court on claims later, especially if they never declare there's an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecrow View Post
                            "Harris County Public Health released a statement saying air monitoring results had not indicated unsafe levels, but encouraged people to contact their health provider if they experience adverse symptoms like headaches, nausea, dizziness or irritation of eyes, nose and throat among other possible symptoms."

Soooooo, it's safe........buuuut if you get symptoms get to a doctor. Got it. Interesting conundrum they have. If they say these are all carcinogens, what happens?? Mass hysteria, evacuation cluster that makes the Rita evacuation look like a Sunday drive to see the bluebonnets? Hmmm.

Side note: That dizzy Hidalgo ***** needs to never get on my TV again. Hope the voters are pleased with themselves.

It’s fine. I’ve been 20 yds from the worst of it for 16 hours without a break. No issues breathing or any other redicuclous symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                              It’s fine. I’ve been 20 yds from the worst of it for 16 hours without a break. No issues breathing or any other redicuclous symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Downwind side, without SCBA right?

Comment

If there is a pump inside the firewall, bearing failure would do it. MOV electrical issue would be my second guess.
                                My money would be on a pump seal failure.

Comment

Working...
                                X