Hunter Harassment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
    Buy him out or sell your place. If one of our neighbors called us to complain about stuff we were doing on our own property it wouldn't go over too well.
    I agree. Sux but is what it is. I've got great neighbors and we all work together but I can easily be the worst neighbor anybody had if I had to be.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
      I heard a story somewhere (meateater, maybe?) about a woman who was upset about some kids legally hunting a lake across from her house. She went over and baited in front of their duck blind before opening day, then called the game warden on them. She ended up ticketed for Hunter harassment and the game warden let them fill out their limits day after day until the bait was gone and the hunting slowed down.
      I would like the shake that game warden's hand and then buy him supper.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
        I know this is an old thread but I’ll play devils advocate here. My wife and I and two kids live on a small piece of land (64ac) that has a large (60ac)lake approximately 100 yards from our back porch. We share the lake with a neighbor who’s fence line is around a quarter of a mile from our home. They sell duck and dove hunts and it drives me nuts. They own a 40 acre parcel And do not live there, It’s like a war zone what seems like every day from 1 September until the end of January. I have yet to say anything but did send him a letter this year asking if I could lease the property in order to keep hunters off. They guy in this story was a butt and approached the situation wrong to begin with but I do understand where he’s coming from.
        They were duck hunting here for years before the neighbor purchased and built the home there. Don't move to the country and then try to change what happens there.

Comment

Originally posted by wildaggie View Post
          They were duck hunting here for years before the neighbor purchased and built the home there. Don't move to the country and then try to change what happens there.

[emoji3516]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is usually the case… Sad..

Comment

Errbody wants to be country, till it's time to do country ****!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Errbody wants to be country, till it's time to do country ****!
                Hahaha, exactly.

Lifestyle should match the place a person moves to.

J

Comment

the last 2 statements are so true,,, country life is far different then city /Burb life
                  we now have so many City folks moving out in and around Caddo Mils, and all's they do is complain about this and that, not enough of this or that,, they a full time fire dept. concrete roads .... always ***** about any and everything... sorry, just flowed out,,,,

Comment

Man, this has been a good read.

Comment

Just seeing this for the first time, I think.

Your neighbor needs his *** kicked. Bad.

Comment

Not the case in my situation. My family has been here for years. Landowner next door sold his home, retained the 40 acres around it, and now sells day hunts through dove and duck season.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                          Not the case in my situation. My family has been here for years. Landowner next door sold his home, retained the 40 acres around it, and now sells day hunts through dove and duck season.
                          I think you missed his point.
                          Duck hunting has been going on in the country since the first shotguns were made and before. Don't come to the country and expect it to stop for you.
                          Then again, the woke folks are coming this way so I'm sure it's only a matter of time...you may get your wish. Be ready to say goodbye to all your other hunting too! Look who just got appointed to lead BLM....and I ain't talkin' the black lives bunch!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'D HAVE TOLD HIS YANKEE *** TO GO F**K HIMSELF . That level of stupidity is incomprehensible to me. To hell with respect, people like that deserve ZERO respect. Get the hell outta Texas!!!

Comment

Update - Issue Resolved

We have been given the go ahead to duck hunt by the State Game Wardens and the US Fish and Wildlife Service. Two of our lease members have continued duck hunting.

The "friendly neighbor" has been told to "knock it off" and leave us alone.

Our landowner met with both the State and Feds around Christmas. There's lots more to the story but as far as our landowner is concerned it's over.
                              Last edited by Froggy; 01-10-2022, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X