Hunter Harassment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
    Yes. Three. One fed, one state and one local. They are all aware of the situation and love to duck hunt. This will not turn out well for the "friendly neighbor".
    Ducks are a federally regulated bird...

Comment

In for updates. Sounds like yall are setup for a good showdown.

Comment

Froggy,

Sent this thread to the Fed gw a couple days ago & we did some chatting after the bird hunt about your situation yesterday...he clearly believes if that feeder is throwing corn or any other attractant for ducks vs fish pellets, then he would consider it continued hunter harassment due to the history.

If you continue to have troubles & want to escalate it to the fgw in your area (if you haven't already), he would be glad to help out.

Good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Froggy,

Sent this thread to the Fed gw a couple days ago & we did some chatting after the bird hunt about your situation yesterday...he clearly believes if that feeder is throwing corn or any other attractant for ducks vs fish pellets, then he would consider it continued hunter harassment due to the history.

If you continue to have troubles & want to escalate it to the fgw in your area (if you haven't already), he would be glad to help out.

Good luck...
          Well that is good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Froggy,

Good luck...
            That's what we've been told by our local state and feds. Our "friendly neighbor" may soon regret his decisions.

Thanks for following up.

Comment

Coming from the FrogPound:
              Woot woot woot woot woot.
              (Arsenio Hall show reference)

Ive been harrassed and didnt press charges on an Austin Accounting Firm Owner. He owns a slice of land and feels compelled to control others properties. F m. Its nice when shi-theads hang themselves with their own rope…and/or provide evidence to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                If they determine the hunter had knowledge the bait was there, the hunter will be charged as well.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                true, but the book implies a hunter is hunting illegally even if the bait was placed unknowingly (someone else baited the area).

Comment

In for resolution.

Comment

I heard a story somewhere (meateater, maybe?) about a woman who was upset about some kids legally hunting a lake across from her house. She went over and baited in front of their duck blind before opening day, then called the game warden on them. She ended up ticketed for Hunter harassment and the game warden let them fill out their limits day after day until the bait was gone and the hunting slowed down.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                      true, but the book implies a hunter is hunting illegally even if the bait was placed unknowingly (someone else baited the area).
                      See post #133

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I’ll play devils advocate here. My wife and I and two kids live on a small piece of land (64ac) that has a large (60ac)lake approximately 100 yards from our back porch. We share the lake with a neighbor who’s fence line is around a quarter of a mile from our home. They sell duck and dove hunts and it drives me nuts. They own a 40 acre parcel And do not live there, It’s like a war zone what seems like every day from 1 September until the end of January. I have yet to say anything but did send him a letter this year asking if I could lease the property in order to keep hunters off. They guy in this story was a butt and approached the situation wrong to begin with but I do understand where he’s coming from.
                        Last edited by skinsfan; 09-30-2021, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                          I know this is an old thread but I’ll play devils advocate here. My wife and I and two kids live on a small piece of land that has a large (60ac)lake approximately 100 yards from our back porch. We share the lake with a neighbor who’s fence line is around a quarter of a mile from our home. They sell duck and dove hunts and it drives me nuts. They on a 40 acre parcel I do not live there, Sarah Hunter Sarah what seems like every day from 1 September until the end of January. I have yet to say anything but did send him a letter this year asking if I could lease the property in order to keep hunters off. They guy in this story was a butt and approached the situation wrong to begin with but I do understand where he’s coming from.
                          I hunted 200 acres pretty much surrounded by houses with a 7 day a week gun range 400 yards away. I don't think I could of lived in the area. Lived down the street from an airport and got away as fast as I could due to the noise.
                          Lookig at both sides is illuminating...

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                            I know this is an old thread but I’ll play devils advocate here. My wife and I and two kids live on a small piece of land (64ac) that has a large (60ac)lake approximately 100 yards from our back porch. We share the lake with a neighbor who’s fence line is around a quarter of a mile from our home. They sell duck and dove hunts and it drives me nuts. They own a 40 acre parcel And do not live there, It’s like a war zone what seems like every day from 1 September until the end of January. I have yet to say anything but did send him a letter this year asking if I could lease the property in order to keep hunters off. They guy in this story was a butt and approached the situation wrong to begin with but I do understand where he’s coming from.
                            Buy him out or sell your place. If one of our neighbors called us to complain about stuff we were doing on our own property it wouldn't go over too well.

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                              Buy him out or sell your place. If one of our neighbors called us to complain about stuff we were doing on our own property it wouldn't go over too well.
                              Didn’t ask for opinions on what I should do, just stating that I can relate to (not agreeing with actions) the harasser in this situation. If a neighbor approaches you in a cordial fashion and expresses a frustration I would hope that you would give them an opportunity to talk before it “not ending well.”

Comment

Skeet range over the water 💧
                                Get this party bumping..
                                What A Dikweed..

Comment

Working...
                                X