No announcement yet.

Hunter Harassment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he's got you this time. But, nothing to stop you from setting up a shooting range at the nearest possible point to his house (making sure there is no trespass by projectile). I can envision some early morning shoots, late evening shoots, even some 2 am sporting clays shoots.

Comment

I would definitely be shooting lots of clay pigeons there

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
        I would definitely be shooting lots of clay pigeons there
        and, the sooner, the better.

Comment

I know its a pita, but being that it's a lease and you don't own the place. How much trouble is it worth to look for greener pastures.

Comment

You don't turn and run now, and let that Yankee win.. See this one thru, esp since it sounds like the landowner and law enforcement are on your side

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
              I know its a pita, but being that it's a lease and you don't own the place. How much trouble is it worth to look for greener pastures.
              Not moving due to the neighbor being a jerk. Duck hunting is secondary to the deer hunting.

I've been leasing from the same family since 1999. They're great people and friends. My grandson has been hunting there since he was three years old. It's mainly a deer lease with some good hunting and nice bucks.

Comment

In for the conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                  In the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1998.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  That still doesn't say the jerk would be responsible for placing bait if there is no one hunting. In fact it actually says the hunters are responsible.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                    I was born with that knowledge.
                    I see that...because it sure as heck isn't written anywhere that you've shown or I've seen.

Last edited by rolylane6; 09-03-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                      I see that...because it sure as heck isn't written anywhere that you've shown or I've seen.

Like in Allen West wive's case, lets see how this ends. I'm sure the OP will get back on this.

Comment

From TPW:

place or allow the placement of bait on or adjacent to any area where migratory game birds could be attracted for the purpose of hunting migratory game birds by any person;

Hmmmmmmm........

Comment

Have you followed up with the GW...would be interesting to see what they say knowing the angle.

I would be doing lots of target practice year round...he would be begging me to stop & return to shooting ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                            From TPW:

place or allow the placement of bait on or adjacent to any area where migratory game birds could be attracted for the purpose of hunting migratory game birds by any person;

Hmmmmmmm........
                            Well that's the 1st thing you've posted that actually supports your original statement so getting cocky now might look a little foolish on your part but that's just me.
                            However, this still leaves it up to the GW or judge to determine if it was placed by the landowner to attract for the purpose of hunting. It's not a black and white rule. Like I said, I found out this past Wednesday. The GW was pretty thorough about explaining it.

Comment

Well that's the 1st thing you've posted that actually supports your original statement so getting cocky now might look a little foolish on your part but that's just me.
                              However, this still leaves it up to the GW or judge to determine if it was placed by the landowner to attract for the purpose of hunting. It's not a black and white rule. Like I said, I found out this past Wednesday. The GW was pretty thorough about explaining it.

I have heard hundreds of cases such as yours and I think it is BS that a guy paying a guide gets a ticket/talking to. The guide should get a fine 50x what a regular hunter would get. That will take away the incentive for the guides to cheat. Why should the unknowing hunter get any crap from that case?

But, this case is different in many ways. I know I am right and so do you. Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                Have you followed up with the GW...would be interesting to see what they say knowing the angle.

I would be doing lots of target practice year round...he would be begging me to stop & return to shooting ducks.

Or get one of those propane cannons used to scare birds from crops and set it to go off about 4 times every hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X