Alaska Wild Cow Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
    I love hunting dangerous game, but again, this would have to be a side hunt for well under 6800. This is just my opinion.

This one almost poked my eyes out.
    Always wanted to hunt Cape Buffalo, but was never able to make it happen, and I'm too old and stove up to do it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
      Always wanted to hunt Cape Buffalo, but was never able to make it happen, and I'm too old and stove up to do it now.
      Never too old unless you are dead

I paid right at 10k all in for that one minus taxidermy. It was really wild Africa. If interested, I can give you my guide there. He is old and stove up too

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
        Did the other buffalo running away in the pic give you any concern? I’m sure it’s exciting and you were focused on the big bull on the ground. I saw those others in the pic, and I was like dang, what if they turned and came your way

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
          Shoot for $6800
          A piece I will let you come shoot some of my cows

Bahahaha funny stuff

Comment

Bob Brister in the late 60's wrote about the Burnham Brothers running wild cattle hunts along the Rio Grande. Free ranging Mexican Bullfighting stock in the river cane near Langtry on the US side. Visibility in the river cane was 15' to 20' and most shots were charging shots.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
              Did the other buffalo running away in the pic give you any concern? I’m sure it’s exciting and you were focused on the big bull on the ground. I saw those others in the pic, and I was like dang, what if they turned and came your way
              Here is a summary of the trip if interested

Yeah, they were certainly a concern, but even Cape Buffalo will usually decide flight over fight when given the chance and not injured. But with that said, one charged a guide's truck on the week we were there and scared the **** out of the guys in it.

You can see in the photo they were running off at that point. It was a group of old males that we had been tracking for quite some time but lost. We had given up and were heading back to the truck when we came back on them. They stayed around with the downed bull for quite a while until they finally decided to just head off in another direction.

I was more freaked out when we had an entire herd pass at 7 yards up wind.
              Last edited by Kevin; 03-10-2019, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X