Alaska Wild Cow Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
    The difference between shooting your cows and hunting these is the same as the difference between catching garter snakes by hand and catching rattlesnakes by hand.
    I concur. I bet these wild cows can get as nasty as Cape buffalo... An idea if the hunt was all inclusive?? Wonder how much meat you could bring home...

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
      $6800 will buy a lot of Beef at H-E-B

No doubt. I couldn’t get past the cow part either. Like killing a watusi

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        I concur. I bet these wild cows can get as nasty as Cape buffalo... An idea if the hunt was all inclusive?? Wonder how much meat you could bring home...
        This is a quote from the outfitter:

We are at $6800 pp for a 1 week hunt. This covers lodging and food while on the boat, and trespass fees associated with getting the exclusive rights. No hunting license is required as they are claimed, so considered private herd. We do these like we do our Adak caribou hunts. Hunters get picked up when they fly in to the village and then we transport them via boat, some call it a ship, to the island. The boat is base camp. We are doing one hunt, for 6 hunters. November 9th to the 16th. I strongly recommend having a good friend along with a rifle for back up! It is an adrenaline rush as you don't know if it will run away or charge. I want to make it clear, they are not your normal cattle, they are as wild as any wild animal but with attitude. There are many stories of poachers from passing vessels getting run off the beach by the bulls.

Comment

Is there a bovine grand slam? Anybody know where the wild cow federation banquet is this year?

Comment

I have a hunt booked for the beginning of June to hunt Vancouver bulls in Hawaii with my bow. It is way cheaper than this. I’ll let you know how it goes

Comment

The Burnham brothers were offering wild bull hunts in South Texas many years ago. Supposedly a tough hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                If it will make you feel better we can throw the Jon boat in the tank and paddle around for a bit.
                LMAO. That was good.

Seems pretty steep, but I guess with the logistics and the fees, it’s probably somewhat in line.
                Last edited by EZ-10RANCH; 03-10-2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I have heard about some wild cow hunt down in south Texas years ago.

Sounds like a great vacation. Maybe some fishing and a unique hunt.
                  As far as price, how much is blackbuck per lb?

Wish I had money falling out of both pockets

Comment

Look like Scottish highland crosses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems ridiculous, your probably $10,000 all in to shoot a cow. To each his own I guess.

Comment

Dammmm
                        This sir has peaked my interest......being boat based and the unpredictable nature of something that might want to stomp me...this could be quite an adventure with a longbow

Comment

I'll pass . I can stop at the sale barn and pick one up then drop it at the butcher on the way back for a lot less and I bet those suckers are tough as boot leather ..

Comment

make a cool euro!

Comment

I heard that next year they will have a Chicken Shoot.

This is going to be fun !!!!

Comment

This hunt interest me more than sitting in a stand guarding a corn feeder from those dangerous 80 pound whitetail.

Comment

Working...
                                X