Sharp knife addicts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerhard View Post
    Best would be to contact them directly via email, they are situated roughly 900 miles away from me... [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have but never received a response. No need to support companies that don’t support their products.

Comment

I am an addict to sharp knives! Why have one if it aint shaving!

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
        I have but never received a response. No need to support companies that don’t support their products.

Will give them a call on Monday and see if I can get the right person’s email address for you

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
          I strop on the back of a leather Schrade Sharpfinger sheath after the fine belt. Removed burs and finishes the edge.
          I a piece of leather that works good. Just looking for better.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
            If any of you addicts need a fix, I would be more than happy to drop off my blades and a six pack
            I'm one of those guys that was blessed with an unmatched, 2nd to none ability, to dull the **** out of any blade I attempt to sharpen
            Ha!
            I feel the same. But somehow the game gets dressed!

Comment

A knife maker turned me into this setup. Works phenomenally

Comment

I have freehanded with whetstones and also have the Worksharp. I purchased the Edge Pro Apex a couple of years ago, and haven’t looked back. I’ve bought the diamond stone and the 10000 grit whetstone for it, along with 2 different strops. It’s an incredible system.

After I get the blade exactly where I want it, it is razor sharp with a beautiful mirror finish. For future touch ups, I use the Spyderco Sharpmaker with the fine rods.

Comment

Quick edge! But it does take off material.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here's the visual of the edge pro...you see a lot of great reviews from Chef's & works well if you have quality kitchen blades. I've always found those a booger to sharpen with the shallow angle.

Their professional models are spiffy but overkill for what I need...lotsa $$$$ too.

Comment

[ATTACH]949190[/ATTACH]

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Arkansas stones and then a leather strop with compounding paste, nothing better.

Comment

I enjoy a sharp blade. Just haven't mastered the sharpening part yet...

One of the reasons I like a Havalon. It gets dull put in a new blade....

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                              Since you are "local" perhaps you can send your friends at Warthog a message. I have the V-Sharp in the photo and really like it. However, it is several years old. I have been told by the local supplier that the stones for this model are no longer available. If they have a few laying around in the back room that need a home I would be a buyer.

When I could no longer get stones for the V-Sharp I went to a Lansky followed by a trip to the paper wheel.
                              I have the exact same set up, although I rarely use it now. Pretty sure these fit it:
                              V-Sharp Classic I Replacement Hones. Sold in pair/set Available in 4 different grits 270 Grit - Extra Coarse 325 Grit – Coarse 600 Grit – Medium 1000 Grit – Fine

I bought a Wicked Edge system when they said they weren't going to be making anything for my Warthog, then a while back they had them again..

Comment

Drank the worksharp koolaid finally a few months ago.

I get way too bored hitting a stone. Now all my knives stay sharp

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X