Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerhard View Post
    I enjoy a sharp blade as well...

I use the Warthog Multi Edge sharper made here in South Africa...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since you are "local" perhaps you can send your friends at Warthog a message. I have the V-Sharp in the photo and really like it. However, it is several years old. I have been told by the local supplier that the stones for this model are no longer available. If they have a few laying around in the back room that need a home I would be a buyer.

When I could no longer get stones for the V-Sharp I went to a Lansky followed by a trip to the paper wheel.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kmitchl; 03-08-2019, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I've had every knife sharpener you can imagine. I recently quit using the edge pro and bit the bullet on the wicked edge. By far the best knife sharpening system out there, in my opinion. I can get them almost as sharp on whetstones but it takes twice as long.

Comment

Lansky with a strop and compound for finish.
        Last edited by AndrewIBEW; 03-08-2019, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerhard View Post
          The V Sharp is perfect to get those kitchen knifes sharpened quickly

The V Sharp is also perfect to keep by your skinning rack for a quick edge on any knife. They we have a few of them and they work really well.

Comment

If any of you addicts need a fix, I would be more than happy to drop off my blades and a six pack
            I'm one of those guys that was blessed with an unmatched, 2nd to none ability, to dull the **** out of any blade I attempt to sharpen

Comment

Can you get the leather belts for the original Work Sharp?

Comment

I never let on get dull, the first sign of it dulling I hit it a few times on my diamond stick then finish it on my Arkansas stone.

Comment

I started off sharpening with an edge pro apex and it worked great if you're only doing a couple knives here and there. I have to sharpen lots of knives now, so I do them on my 2x72 grinder... I start with a 220g, 400g, used 400g, and then a REALLY used 400g with polishing compound, then strop on a barbers strop

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                    Since you are "local" perhaps you can send your friends at Warthog a message. I have the V-Sharp in the photo and really like it. However, it is several years old. I have been told by the local supplier that the stones for this model are no longer available. If they have a few laying around in the back room that need a home I would be a buyer.

When I could no longer get stones for the V-Sharp I went to a Lansky followed by a trip to the paper wheel.

Best would be to contact them directly via email, they are situated roughly 900 miles away from me... [emoji6]

Comment

My Dad was using a type of bench grinder with paper wheels when I was a kid. One side had a big paper wheel on it and the other side had a white fluffy/furry looking wheel on it that he would put jeweler’s paste on for polishing the blade to a mirror finish.

I’ve never been too good at sharpening. I think the Ken Onion Work Sharp might be something more my speed.

Comment

I use a rod from a High pressure sodium bulb then a Tungsten tig rod, Strop it in the palm of my hand then stick it in my pocket.

Comment

Ken Onion Work Sharp. I love mine

If you are military/vet/leo/first responder you can get one on Expert Voice for a great deal

Comment

The Guided Field Sharpener is a complete sharpening solution for field, home or shop use. It is the first angle guided, 5 stage sharpening solution designed for sportsmen who need a complete, robust and compact field sharpening solution.

All a man needs to get his knives razor sharp.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              Can you get the leather belts for the original Work Sharp?
                              I strop on the back of a leather Schrade Sharpfinger sheath after the fine belt. Removed burs and finishes the edge.

Comment

Combination of leather, diamond, ceramic and glass insulators, just because I love to tinker. I can use the edge of a coffee cup though, and make a knife shave you.
                                Last edited by MadHatter; 03-08-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X