No announcement yet.

Opinions Por Favor: Toyota 4runner vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overwhelming response for the 4runner.. thank you all for chiming in! Ive talked with a few Jeep GC owners from tbh and they really like theirs too. Next steps for me is to go out and do a few test drives.. I'm traveling today and tomorrow but I'll be back in Houston tomorrow and will see if i can find somewhere that will let me drive one. I appreciate all the comments yall are awesome!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
      I think all these Toyota 4Runner fans haven't been in a Jeep Grand Cherokee in over 5 to 10 years. Not a single one of them has given any substantial or informative reasons why the 4Runner is better other than saying it is, so take that with a grain of salt. We just traded my wife's 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited four-wheel drive in on a 18 Ford Expedition FX4. I've driven a lot of miles in a lot of different vehicles and her Grand Cherokee was by far the most comfortable vehicle I've ever taken a trip in. She had the 3.6L and we would average 23 miles per gallon on Highway trips. The ride and handling are far superior to my buddies 2016 4Runner as is the fuel mileage unless you opt for the V8. The four-wheel drive system in the Jeep did very well whether we were driving in the same blizzard that Pigman wrecked in, driving miles of beach in deep sand on Matagorda, exploring Rocky Terrain looking at property outside of Leakey or traversing muddy roads. If you change your own oil you will love the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The oil filter is located on top of the motor and very easy to get to. The only benefit that I could give you of the 4Runner is a little more room in the back and slightly higher ground clearance, which is partially is why the fuel mileage is significantly worse.
      Thanks for your response Sackett and going against the grain of the 4runner response here. I leaned heavy to the Jeep and now finding out more about the 4runner. I still have some shopping and learning to do.. thx for your input man! I definitely love the look of the grand Cherokee.. they have a great stance and shape!

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
        Thanks for your response Sackett and going against the grain of the 4runner response here. I leaned heavy to the Jeep and now finding out more about the 4runner. I still have some shopping and learning to do.. thx for your input man! I definitely love the look of the grand Cherokee.. they have a great stance and shape!

No problem, they'll both be great vehicles and should both be dependable. If the GC had more room or a 3rd row, we'd have probably gotten another one. The '18 Expedition is nowhere near as smooth riding as her GC. Good luck and spend some seat time in both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          I think all these Toyota 4Runner fans haven't been in a Jeep Grand Cherokee in over 5 to 10 years. Not a single one of them has given any substantial or informative reasons why the 4Runner is better other than saying it is, so take that with a grain of salt. We just traded my wife's 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited four-wheel drive in on a 18 Ford Expedition FX4. I've driven a lot of miles in a lot of different vehicles and her Grand Cherokee was by far the most comfortable vehicle I've ever taken a trip in. She had the 3.6L and we would average 23 miles per gallon on Highway trips. The ride and handling are far superior to my buddies 2016 4Runner as is the fuel mileage unless you opt for the V8. The four-wheel drive system in the Jeep did very well whether we were driving in the same blizzard that Pigman wrecked in, driving miles of beach in deep sand on Matagorda, exploring Rocky Terrain looking at property outside of Leakey or traversing muddy roads. If you change your own oil you will love the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The oil filter is located on top of the motor and very easy to get to. The only benefit that I could give you of the 4Runner is a little more room in the back and slightly higher ground clearance, which is partially is why the fuel mileage is significantly worse.
          The Toyota also has significantly greater resale. I’ve followed my brother in law in his 16’ Grand Cherokee 4x4 (not sure which trim) around some lesser trails in Red River and Santa Fe area. He engaged 4x4 and was slipping quite a bit. He was surprised to learn I never left 2wd. I do think the Jeeps AWD is much better suited for highway driving on icey roads and such though. I haven’t ridden in one enough to comment on any other aspect.

Comment

Toyota! Ive been around both alot and by no means do I mean to bash anyone's rig but they just are two different animals. When I buy a rig my top 2 wants are reliability and holds value. With the 4runner you get both. Not saying the jeep is a complete POS as they have come along way over the last few years I just coulsnt see picking that over any toyota product...

Comment

I actually like the looks of the gc more but for quality, reliability, and resale it’s the 4Runner all day everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
                I actually like the looks of the gc more but for quality, reliability, and resale it’s the 4Runner all day everyday.
                I agree on all counts! I wish the resale wasnt as strong.. the used 4runners are expensive too! Ha

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
                  Toyota! Ive been around both alot and by no means do I mean to bash anyone's rig but they just are two different animals. When I buy a rig my top 2 wants are reliability and holds value. With the 4runner you get both. Not saying the jeep is a complete POS as they have come along way over the last few years I just coulsnt see picking that over any toyota product...
                  I thought Dahlmer would do great things for all Chrysler products, and they are still dragging their feet.
                  I have sold parts for a very long time. Chrysler, Jeep, Fiat just have issues. I will sell 7 Chrysler motors "etc" to every Toyota part.
                  Toyota all the way...............

Comment

The resale is what made us go 4Runner. The wife was considering a GC until then. I definitely think the GC is a better highway vehicle, but man we couldn’t do it with Toyota’s resale.

Comment

4Runner

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post

Don't listen to him, hes wrong!...stick with the Toyota. The non V-8 heeps are dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Don't listen to him, hes wrong!...stick with the Toyota. The non V-8 heeps are dogs.
                          Lol.. i know, i appreciate that he went opposite of the crowd! But he is right, the road handling and offroad is very capable, especially the Overland with the air suspension. I just fear if that fancy suspension ever glitches up it would be a crazy expensive fix. Also, I'm not 100% confident in the pentastar v6. Im sure it'll be fine to 100k but I'm looking for really long term if possible! Im 98% set on a 4runner and actively searching for the right deal! Just drove a buddies 2019 TRD off road yesterday, it drove awesome. Too new for me but i liked it!

Comment

ive known 3 people w 3 different toy 4runners all 200k plus miles no issues, just routine maintenance

Comment

4 runner, and it's not really close. Unless you are a looks guy.

I would never have a jeep anything as a daily driver.

I've driven 2 GCs and about 7 Wranglers.

Comment

If you are gonna stay on the highway and want something luxurious, JGC is a pretty good pick. If you want something dependable, a little plush and will go off road at a moments notice, the 4Runner is the ticket.

Comment

Working...
                                X