Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Opinions Por Favor: Toyota 4runner vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think all these Toyota 4Runner fans haven't been in a Jeep Grand Cherokee in over 5 to 10 years. Not a single one of them has given any substantial or informative reasons why the 4Runner is better other than saying it is, so take that with a grain of salt. We just traded my wife's 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited four-wheel drive in on a 18 Ford Expedition FX4. I've driven a lot of miles in a lot of different vehicles and her Grand Cherokee was by far the most comfortable vehicle I've ever taken a trip in. She had the 3.6L and we would average 23 miles per gallon on Highway trips. The ride and handling are far superior to my buddies 2016 4Runner as is the fuel mileage unless you opt for the V8. The four-wheel drive system in the Jeep did very well whether we were driving in the same blizzard that Pigman wrecked in, driving miles of beach in deep sand on Matagorda, exploring Rocky Terrain looking at property outside of Leakey or traversing muddy roads. If you change your own oil you will love the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The oil filter is located on top of the motor and very easy to get to. The only benefit that I could give you of the 4Runner is a little more room in the back and slightly higher ground clearance, which is partially is why the fuel mileage is significantly worse.

Comment

Originally posted by traildust View Post
      you cant beat toyota in that comparison. Had a gc and it was an under-powered dog! Very seldom do the words jeep and reliable get used in the same sentence.

Good luck
      this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

4Runner Off Road FTW.

Comment

4 Runner is the only way to go.
          My wife drives one and my daughter drives one with 230,000 miles still going strong.

Comment

I’ve driven a Jeep GC recently. It is not in the same league as a 4Runner. If you are looking for a more plush, primarily blacktop driven vehicle, the JGC may be great. The 4Runner isn’t the best at anything, but it’s VERY good at everything.
            Attached Files

Comment

Grand Cherokee all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                This thread is perfect timing. I am considering trading in the FJ. (Hard decision...I love that car!)

I want another new FJ, but since that is not an option, I was looking at the 4Runner. The latest reviews of the Jeep Cherokee are pretty good. I’ve never been a fan of Jeep for long term ownership (as clearly I do with a vehicle...LOL), but I was starting to considering looking at them.

Y’all are making me go back with my initial thought of 4Runner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I have a 08 FJ and a 18 4runner. I love my FJ and I probably drive it more than the 4runner. But when I do drive the 4runner it sure is nice. You will like it if you decide to go that route. But keep the Fj they are going up in value.

Comment

4 runner is the only SUV I could see myself driving.

Doesn't take much to make them look mean

Comment

I don't own either, but Consumer Reports buying guide says....

4Runner 2012-2017 = ^^^^^^

Heep GC 2012-2017 = vvvvv-

This is reported by owners of each.

Comment

Toyota! Done. Easy decision

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                        I’ve driven a Jeep GC recently. It is not in the same league as a 4Runner. If you are looking for a more plush, primarily blacktop driven vehicle, the JGC may be great. The 4Runner isn’t the best at anything, but it’s VERY good at everything.
                        Looks like Black Bear

Comment

There are definitely better riding SUV’s out there, but it’s hard to be the reliability and resale value of a 4Runner. Add in its off-road capabilities and it’s a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                            Looks like Black Bear
                            First one is The Wall at Poughkeepsie Gulch. The last two are Black Bear.

Comment

My 4runner passed 200,000 at its last oil change, and it is old enough to vote. I still love that car, it is still in great shape. I have changed the oil regularly, and had to have the timing belt changed about a year ago when the water pump started leaking. Other than that is has been pretty well maintenance free. When this one finally gives up the ghost, I intend to get another 4runner.

Eagle

Comment

Another vote for 4Runner! Not that it matters but my girlfriend has an 01 with the 3.4L over 200k and still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X