South Texas Hunters Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t believe it’s 93 degrees here today in mid December. Deer just are not moving that well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shorts and flip flops in the blind again.

Comment

Lots of new bucks showing up at feeders within the last week by the Webb/Zapata Countyline.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
          A guest shot this guy this morning on our place.

Nice one!!

Comment

Never know what’s gonna show up and how far. Gotta be prepared. Lol

Comment

Well whats the rut report looking like for everyone? Seen some younger bucks pushing this weekend but nothing too serious (Eastern Webb). Lots of activity though considering how miserably hot it was. Few new bucks showing up. Hopefully this cool front coming through will kick things off.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbrown50 View Post
                Well whats the rut report looking like for everyone? Seen some younger bucks pushing this weekend but nothing too serious (Eastern Webb). Lots of activity though considering how miserably hot it was. Few new bucks showing up. Hopefully this cool front coming through will kick things off.

Been seeing some deer in the 3 to 4 year old range chasing this am. Evening hunts have been slow since Saturday.

Haven’t seen any of my more mature bucks and nothing new.

Last edited by Black Ice; 12-16-2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Eastern Webb for me as well and same story. Decent movement considering the weather but rut activity was non-existent. I had one 3.5 yr old 10 that was obviously cruising with the doe but he dang sure wasn't dogging her yet. Outside of that, still does with fawns and bachelor groups.

I'm guessing Wednesday morning will be a different story.

Comment

Havent even sat since Friday. Have some work stuff I need to do in corpus tonight then I'll be back in the stand tomorrow.

Hoping this front gets them moving. Have until Sunday and days are starting to fly by

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter has been after this 6 year old ten we call Brows. We hunted Saturday evening even though we knew we wouldn't see much as hot as it was. He came in early chasing every doe that was out there. He was in bow range several times but never gave her an opportunity. He finally pushed all of the doe into the brush and left. Right at dark we had a 3 year old 4 pt. in the feed pen when a 4 yr. old nine came in. They squared up and fought like there was a doe waiting on the victor. We had to leave Sunday morning and won't be back till Thursday evening. Hopefully Brows will show again and she can get it done this time. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	24601393

Comment

^^^^^ Love the long brows.

Comment

Love the brows! Good luck

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                          Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

We are headed down on Wednesday. Hoping to see the rut in full swing with thus weather.

I am shot out on bucks but will be scouting for another member and we may try to rattle during the day.

Comment

I got here tonight. Only one here so I rode in the truck all evening. Saw a few decent bucks eating corn with other bucks. Wierd. Maybe this colder weather turns em on in the morning

Comment

Hunted all day yesterday in La Salle County. It is full blown here. Seen multiple mature deer with does yesterday. Every other buck seen was running the hell out of does. Going to be a great day!

Comment

Working...
                                X