Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

South Texas Hunters Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a great time. Need a pool at my camp today

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
      Looks like a great time. Need a pool at my camp today

That’s no lie. Says going to be 87 today. I am just down the road from you. Came over to my Dads pasture on the Galvan to help him this weeekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Deer just don’t seem to be moving very well this am. May be the first time I’ve never seen a buck on a hunt.

3 does so far and that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spent 5 very warm days at the lease over Thanksgiving break. Activity was pretty slow but did locate a couple culls that need to go. Have yet to find a sure enough trophy I want to chase but it's almost time to start seeing new bucks and I'm excited about what the next 6 weeks has in store.

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
            That’s no lie. Says going to be 87 today. I am just down the road from you. Came over to my Dads pasture on the Galvan to help him this weeekend.

They doing good at your Dads camp? It was 95 degrees Saturday afternoon

Comment

South Texas Hunters Thread 2019

Haven’t seen this deer in person or on camera since the last day of the season last year. Figured he died or someone shot him that last afternoon. My buddy had been telling me there was a good 10 that he kept seeing when hunting a certain blind but I’d never catch him when I hunted it.

Got in the blind around 3:15 yesterday and he showed up at 4:00 to some hand corn I put out. Shot him at 170 yards and with a 6.5 PRC.

Last edited by Black Ice; 12-03-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Wow, awesome deer Black Ice. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                  They doing good at your Dads camp? It was 95 degrees Saturday afternoon

Pretty good. Killed 3 Trophies so far. Just waiting now for rut to kick in.

Comment

Deer were in pre rut at our place with 2.5 and 3.5 year old deer chasing does off corn.

Comment

Deer were in pre rut at our place with 2.5 and 3.5 year old deer chasing does off corn. Should be on when I back in next the 14th.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Haven’t seen this deer in person or on camera since the last day of the season last year. Figured he died or someone shot him that last afternoon. My buddy had been telling me there was a good 10 that he kept seeing when hunting a certain blind but I’d never catch him when I hunted it.

Got in the blind around 3:15 yesterday and he showed up at 4:00 to some hand corn I put out. Shot him at 170 yards and with a 6.5 PRC.

Nice buck!

Comment

Great buck.congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                                Deer were in pre rut at our place with 2.5 and 3.5 year old deer chasing does off corn. Should be on when I back in next the 14th.

Sweet buck! Congrats.
                                We’ll be headed down the 14th- 20th. Hope we catch the rut right.

Comment

Working...
                                X