South Texas Hunters Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
    Well I planned to take my time and hunt into January but I was presented with an opportunity this morning I couldn’t pass up.

He’s a 10 with kickers off both his G2’s! We scored him at 166 7/8”! 180 pounds and I’ve got him at 6.5 years old.

He’s a buck we haven’t seen in camera. With the rut beginning to show signs and low fence some new deer are showing themselves.

So I am camp cook and guide for the rest of the season.

I am beyond happy and this is my best whitetail by a long way!!

The best part is my 5 year old son was in the blind with me and actually spotted him first. My wife and 3 year old were in camp and got to join in on the recovery of the deer and pictures.

It’s only been a few months but I am hooked South Texas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow great deer and write up. Glad your family could share in the moment.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Well I planned to take my time and hunt into January but I was presented with an opportunity this morning I couldn’t pass up.

He’s a 10 with kickers off both his G2’s! We scored him at 166 7/8”! 180 pounds and I’ve got him at 6.5 years old.

He’s a buck we haven’t seen in camera. With the rut beginning to show signs and low fence some new deer are showing themselves.

So I am camp cook and guide for the rest of the season.

I am beyond happy and this is my best whitetail by a long way!!

The best part is my 5 year old son was in the blind with me and actually spotted him first. My wife and 3 year old were in camp and got to join in on the recovery of the deer and pictures.

It’s only been a few months but I am hooked South Texas!!

Congrats on a great deer! I’m new to South Texas this year as well. I don’t have one on the ground yet, but I’m already hooked too!

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
        Did you put him there.

My brother did.

Comment

Forgot to post this buck from earlier in the season to this thread. My wife killed him as her best whitetail to date, 151 and change....

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post

Forgot to post this buck from earlier in the season to this thread. My wife killed him as her best whitetail to date, 151 and change....

Great buck, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post

That's a beautiful buck. Congratulations to the wife!

Comment

Originally posted by tl1197 View Post
                Congrats on a great deer! I’m new to South Texas this year as well. I don’t have one on the ground yet, but I’m already hooked too!

No doubt, can’t wait for the rut even though I’m tagged out. Looking forward to the fights and chasing action.

Comment

No doubt, can’t wait for the rut even though I’m tagged out. Looking forward to the fights and chasing action.

I haven’t even shot a deer yet.

Comment

Man, you've gotta pace yourself....there's still 1/2 the season left!

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                      Man, you've gotta pace yourself....there's still 1/2 the season left!

Just how it worked out this season. Had to take a doe and Management buck early then I saw a no doubt trophy this past weekend and couldn’t pass it.

Comment

Just how it worked out this season. Had to take a doe and Management buck early then I saw a no doubt trophy this past weekend and couldn’t pass it.

I hear ya. I shot my trophy opening weekend, a couple of does the next, and now I am on cull patrol for the remainder... Needless to say, I've been doing a lot of sleeping in and skipping 90 degree afternoon hunts!

Comment

When does rattling start to work in South Texas? My next trip will be the week of Dec 16th and was wondering if that would be a good time to try rattling?

Comment

When does rattling start to work in South Texas? My next trip will be the week of Dec 16th and was wondering if that would be a good time to try rattling?

They should start being receptive to it then. Rut is a week or two later, and pre-rut is when I have had the most success rattling in the past.

Comment

Had a great Thanksgiving down in Tilden.

9/10 yr old fallow

Caught some fish, including a really nice Red

And finished with a management buck

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X