No announcement yet.

BEST Steak in Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are going to both get ribeyes, get 2 of the 10-12 oz. steaks and cut hers in half and then you'll have a "steak n a half"... I know you might want a ribeye, but a fillet at either of those places will be fork-cutting tender and full of flavor! Back in the old days, I'd eat a 14-16 oz fillet at Pappas and they'd serve it completely raw served at room temperature... Best meat you'll ever put in your mouth!! They aren't allowed to serve 'em that way now, but if you tell 'em to put grill marks on both sides for one minute, it will still be cold in the middle and goooooood!!

Comment

Hate to say it but Vic and Anthony's.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
        Not to sound cheap, but do they allow you to order a large cut to share? My wife really prefers ribeye, but won't half of one and she hates to waste it. At either Pappas or Vics
        Sure.

Also, many people don't know this, but they will also split a salad for you.

Comment

Not to sound cheap, but do they allow you to order a large cut to share? My wife really prefers ribeye, but won't half of one and she hates to waste it. At either Pappas or Vics
          They will at Papas. A 18oz ribeye and a order of the lobster mac n cheese is plenty enough food for most people.

Comment

Yep, the wife and I shared the porterhouse, I think it was 40ish ounces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
              If your a foodie like me then you know the best chefs in town. Chef Chris Sheppard runs Georgia James Steakhouse. That place will not disappoint! Check out the Baller Board!

I’m a fan of Chris too . When he had underbelly I went every time I was in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                Yep, the wife and I shared the porterhouse, I think it was 40ish ounces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Never had the porter house cut. How was it?

Comment

Working...
                X