No announcement yet.

BEST Steak in Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killens is my absolute favorite. but, if you want to stay in the downtown area, I would go to Vic and Anthony's

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      Taste of Texas

I normally get the Cowboy bone in ribeye, a bowl of tortilla soup instead of a salad, and an Old Fashioned to wash it down with. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it!
      No offense sir, but Taste of Texas is NOT good. I've been three times now and have been disappointed each time I've been. I would not have went the third time had it not been for a gift certificate that was given to me. The next time I get a gift certificate to there it will be re-gifted.

Comment

If you go to vic and Anthony, have a crab cake. Excellent. Papas is hard to beat for a steak. If you are hungry and want a more lively dinner, try fogo de Chao! funIt's fun, upbeat, argentinean style place. Really good too. I can cook a good steak at home, but I cant replicate fogo de chao

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
          No offense sir, but Taste of Texas is NOT good. I've been three times now and have been disappointed each time I've been. I would not have went the third time had it not been for a gift certificate that was given to me. The next time I get a gift certificate to there it will be re-gifted.
          Doesn’t hurt my feelings any. I’ve tried several of the restaurants listed, but mostly the Dallas locations. Occasionally I’ll have a better steak, but I’ve yet to have a consistently better steak. I do want to give Pappas in Houston a try after the reviews I’m seeing here. I’ve only had the location in Dallas. Most of the arguements I’ve seen against TT is their lack of reservations. I’m normally traveling on business when I go, and I always sit at the bar. I walk right in, get amazing service and seat immediately, and never regret the experience.

Comment

Pappas hands down, been to all of them. others are good but Pappas is better

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
              Taste of Texas

I normally get the Cowboy bone in ribeye, a bowl of tortilla soup instead of a salad, and an Old Fashioned to wash it down with. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it!
              This
              Then my house.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Taste of Texas isn't in the ballpark for best steak, but they have a good prime rib and the atmosphere is awesome.

Pappas Bros is the best steak.

The above aren't opinions.

Comment

After reading this again my next stop will be Papas!

Comment

Comment

I did have a very good steak and the best steak fries I have ever had at Perry's this week. Truffle steak fries. Delicious.

Comment

Would nice pressed jeans and button down shirt be acceptable at Pappas or Vic and Anthonys?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                          Would nice pressed jeans and button down shirt be acceptable at Pappas or Vic and Anthonys?
                          Yes.

For what it is worth, I have only been to Vic and Anthony's once, but it was disappointing. I have never been disappointed with Pappa's.

Comment

Man we went to Pappas and I wasn't impressed. Good but not great. The service was very good though .

Word of warning, my wife ordered the "Snow Beef" which is supposed to be like Kobe or something. It was bad. I do not recommend. My tastes may be too simple for that sh$t though.

Comment

Pappa Bros Steakhouse!!

Comment

Not to sound cheap, but do they allow you to order a large cut to share? My wife really prefers ribeye, but won't half of one and she hates to waste it. At either Pappas or Vics

Comment

Working...
                                X