36 hours into my Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
    Anyone done something like a 500 or less calorie/day diet for 5-7 days? Taking in only good calories such as boiled eggs, grilled/baked chicken, grilled/baked fish, and raw vegetables.

Just pondering.
    I had a client do 400 calories/day for 6 months. I'm not sure how often he cheated and he was using a pregnancy hormone of some sort. I initially told him he would need to find another trainer, I was afraid he'd fall out in the middle of a workout. He was fine in the gym though and lost around 60 pounds in 6 months. Probably could've done the same thing on a less strict diet.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      No way I could do it. Btw, I’m cooking homemade mac and cheese, wagyu ribeyes and lobster tails for dinner.

For that meal, I would end my quest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
        Cant brush your teeth while you fast??

I brush often, but it does not last. Even when my ketones are 16 mmol/l, the breath gets bad. It is worse with the fasting. Taste like my tongue is on a 9 volt battery.

Comment

It's the acetone being expelled. We learned this in intoxilyzer school. People in deep ketosis can be mistaken for having alcohol on their breath.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Almost to 60 hours. I have a slight headache but energy feels good. I want to get to 72 but We will see. No cravings for food whatsoever, which is weird. I thought I would be going crazy for food but I don’t really want to eat.

Comment

I decided to give this a try. I have no idea why, but I skipped dinner last night. My last meal was at noon yesterday. I woke up with a very unhappy stomach this morning. All I've thought about is food so far. I guess I will see how it goes. Good luck again OP. I hope you reach your goal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                I just don’t see how not eating is good for you. Is it supposed to be a cleanse? What is the purpose of going without eating? I truly don’t know anything about it as this is the first I’ve ever heard of someone doing it.
                I am in your boat. Hey whatever makes your boat float.

Comment

Sometimes I'll fast for a whole day at hunting camp, just drink beer to stay hydrated.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                    I just don’t see how not eating is good for you. Is it supposed to be a cleanse? What is the purpose of going without eating? I truly don’t know anything about it as this is the first I’ve ever heard of someone doing it.
                    It's not.

Comment

I went 4 full days without eating once when I opened my restaurant. I was cooking 16 hours a day and the thought of food made me almost throw up. I lost 25 pounds in 4 days. I gained it all back not long after that plus about 10 more.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        I decided to give this a try. I have no idea why, but I skipped dinner last night. My last meal was at noon yesterday. I woke up with a very unhappy stomach this morning. All I've thought about is food so far. I guess I will see how it goes. Good luck again OP. I hope you reach your goal.
                        How long are you trying for?

Now I'm thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          Agreed and to me all these diets and such are like the latest greatest fishing lure commercials on TV. If it works for you fine, but can you stay on these diets forever?
                          Correct.

The correct answer is there is there is no magic. Eat healthy more often than you don't, exercise, keep alcohol, soda, and sugars in moderation. Then enjoy living a long healthy life and not being obese with type 2 diabetes and making the rest of us pay higher insurance premiums.

Comment

Fasting is a great way to save money... Toilet paper expense goes way down..
                            So I've been told..

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Don't do it!!!!!!!! The sacrifice isn't worth it...

Comment

If the guys that are on long term fast and quit posting results, we can assume things did not go well?

Comment

Working...
                                X