X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 walks....0 runs

Comment

2019 Houston Astros season thread “Take It Back”

Rumors white will be designated for assignment today.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
        Ask and ye shall receive. I wish him the best. He just isnt what the Astros need on their roster at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          Straw walk = 2 base walk.
          I was surprised both Bregman and Brantley swung at first pitches without giving him a chance to get to second after that walk. I guess Im just too old school for today's game.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            I was surprised both Bregman and Brantley swung at first pitches without giving him a chance to get to second after that walk. I guess Im just too old school for today's game.
            Me too actually.

Comment

Ask and ye shall receive. I wish him the best. He just isnt what the Astros need on their roster at this point.

Maybe we get Altuve back tonight. I saw video of him running yesterday. It looked like he still has definite hitch in his step but I think a one legged Altuve still trumps Big boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Updated list of what’s going on with our IL

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                  Missed this... where'd you see that?

Comment

But but but....he looked so good in short relief Sunday!

Comment

Twitter. Don’t have a confirmation on his designation yet though.

Altuve flew to Cincinnati today to talk to Hinch. Altuve is saying he feels good but he is still hobbled if you watch the video. It looked like he was running on a flat tire then labored to get up after the slide.

Comment

The Astros have purchased the contract of RHP Felipe Paulino from the independent Atlantic League Sugar Land Skeeters. Paulino will report to AAA Round Rock.

If that name sounds familiar, the 35 year old Paulino was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Astros in 2001 and played four seasons for them from 2007-2010 (31 starts). Paulino last pitched in the majors in 2014. Paulino has pitched in the minors, Japan, Mexico, and Venezuela since 2014 and has racked up 63 saves from 2017-2019 for the Skeeters.

Back when he pitched for the Stros, he had a pretty good two pitch repertoire with a mid 90's fastball and mid 80's slider.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                          The Astros have purchased the contract of RHP Felipe Paulino from the independent Atlantic League Sugar Land Skeeters. Paulino will report to AAA Round Rock.

If that name sounds familiar, the 35 year old Paulino was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Astros in 2001 and played four seasons for them from 2007-2010 (31 starts). Paulino last pitched in the majors in 2014. Paulino has pitched in the minors, Japan, Mexico, and Venezuela since 2014 and has racked up 63 saves from 2017-2019 for the Skeeters.

Back when he pitched for the Stros, he had a pretty good two pitch repertoire with a mid 90's fastball and mid 80's slider.

Nice. That would be a cool story if he made it all the way back to the majors.

Comment

Altuve to be activated before the game tomorrow. Springer starts his rehab assignment on Thursday.

Comment

If Altuve still looks hobbled that bad why would they be activating him? Is a hobbled Altuve the best we can hope for the rest of this year?

Comment

If Altuve still looks hobbled that bad why would they be activating him? Is a hobbled Altuve the best we can hope for the rest of this year?
                                Hmm, he could still have probably turned a triple on that ball White just barely made a double

Comment

Working...
                                X