Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Alcohol Free February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, I’ve done the “whole 30” cleanse two different times and it works great to your body back on track. No alcohol with this as well. You’ll definitely loose weight and feel better.
    Not drinking alcohol always saves money and a bit safer driving home...

Comment

I used to take 6 weeks of Lent off from drinking in my thirties and forties. It was a bit of an eye opener to see how physically dependent I had become and how it impacted my health.

It had become my “mojo” and I didn’t like myself as much after a long weekend of imbibing.

In October of 2015 I quit completely. No regrets. At age 62 it was time. I’m 65 now and love that my grandkids have never seen me drink. Not judging others, just my story.
      Last edited by Pineywoods Paul; 02-03-2019, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        This is a terrible idea...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I agree everyone's whiskey could go bad during that time too. They should send me all their good stuff so I can properly dispose of it. Any bottle that cost more than $20 should be sent ASAP!

Comment

[QUOTE=Dale Moser;13970560]This is a terrible idea...

I’m with Dale on this one ☝️

Comment

Oops, too late......

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
              Yep, but unfortunately I won’t be joining you....my conservation goose hunt was moved to that weekend. I’ll head down the next weekend which will be March 1st.

Well durn....I was gonna play the devil on you left shoulder.. ...
              Last edited by Smart; 02-03-2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                That Topo is some good stuff. Started drinking it with the lemon last year and now I keep it stocked. It’s the only way I drink enough water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                It got me to stop drinking cokes a few years ago when I discovered it.

I get the fizziness of the drink but I'm drinking water instead.

Comment

Good luck on your mission, Jeff!

Comment

when I get back from Vegas next weekend I am gonna take a month or so off.. I did the first 16 days of Jan and felt great..

Comment

I started some meds back in Oct. that I'm supposed to limit alcohol intake while taking. I'll be off of it in early March. I also filled in at work in a position which required that I be on call for 7 days at a time every 5th week. Did that for almost three months. Needless to say I've cut back a lot since this past September. Going 7 days without a drink really showed me how boring life really is without alcohol, lol. Honestly, it was good to see that I could do it without much effort. I can't really say I feel any different, but not feeling groggy or sluggish in the morning is nice. I still enjoy drinking a couple of beers or having a couple nips of scotch a couple times a week. I applaud you guys for giving it up for a month, I just have no desire to do so. I'm not advocating for drinking every day, but I'm not giving up my handful of drinks every week when the mood strikes me.

Comment

I'm on month 307. Might as well keep going...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

February is a bad month to stop drinking it’s the stock show and rodeo season....

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                            I'm on month 307. Might as well keep going...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
                            For sure.

Comment

sorry, I stopped for a couple of years, and diceded, that unless its a DWI reason, its not gonna happen again.... Elija Craig , is to good,

Comment

Let us know!

Comment

Working...
                                X