2019 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D1- Prep Baseball- PG.

Lots of changes. Some have Texas listed at #9. Most of them have had Vandy at #1 since pre season. LSU will drop 12-15 slots. If the chemistry of the Texas team continues to bond I think they will be a Top 5 going into the dance - depending on pitching

Comment

Man, I didn’t realize Rice put the hurt on TCU Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Last edited by Spearchunker; 03-04-2019, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I'm as big of A&M baseball fan as there is. Our pitching is lights out this year. But in true Aggie fashion, our bats are worse than average. We can't seem to align both great hitting and pitching in the same season. Good pitching will keep us in games, but I am not liking what I am seeing from the bats. You will have to score runs in the SEC to have a winning record. It doesn't help that 11 SEC teams are in the top 25.

Childress hurting his arm yesterday will be a pretty big blow to the starting rotation. The kid was special. Rumor is that it may be a pretty significant elbow injury.

To this point, Texas looks like a better team overall than the Ags. With our matchup being a mid-week game in Austin (Don't get to use our dominant weekend starters), I don't see us winning that one. Unless of course our bats improve over the next month.
          Last edited by 44mAG; 03-04-2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Beau Ridgeway is no longer with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
              I'm as big of A&M baseball fan as there is. Our pitching is lights out this year. But in true Aggie fashion, our bats are worse than average. We can't seem to align both great hitting and pitching in the same season. Good pitching will keep us in games, but I am not liking what I am seeing from the bats. You will have to score runs in the SEC to have a winning record. It doesn't help that 11 SEC teams are in the top 25.

Childress hurting his arm yesterday will be a pretty big blow to the starting rotation. The kid was special. Rumor is that it may be a pretty significant elbow injury.

To this point, Texas looks like a better team overall than the Ags. With our matchup being a mid-week game in Austin (Don't get to use our dominant weekend starters), I don't see us winning that one. Unless of course our bats improve over the next month.
              Will Bolt has done a decent job over the past few seasons, but I just don’t see the aggressiveness at the plate. Texas hitters attacked the zone and looked way more prepared at the plate. Something has to change, you can’t rely on pitching to win every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                Beau Ridgeway is no longer with the team.
                Disgruntled with playing time?

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post

Never heard or read any details. I read he was going to concentrate on graduating. He got fairly roughed up in his appearances of late.

Comment

I read it was a mutual decision after some poor outings. Said he just wanted to concentrate on graduating and move on...

Comment

I understood it to be he was fighting to see the field because of the strong set of young arms competing with him. He just couldn't find his mojo from his soph year for some reason? Most likely saw that he was done and time to focus on other things. He was a good player for us and its exciting to see guys really have to compete to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        I read it was a mutual decision after some poor outings. Said he just wanted to concentrate on graduating and move on...
                        My nephew did the same thing at West Virginia. He had an academic scholarship and decided to focus on graduating after dealing with a wrist that was not the same after a surgery. His velocity was off and he got frustrated!

He graduated and moved on from baseball and says he has not missed it after playing so many years of select ball.

Good luck to Beau!

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                          My nephew did the same thing at West Virginia. He had an academic scholarship and decided to focus on graduating after dealing with a wrist that was not the same after a surgery. His velocity was off and he got frustrated!

He graduated and moved on from baseball and says he has not missed it after playing so many years of select ball.

Good luck to Beau!
                          A large portion of these kids (pitchers) today are “worn out” by time they get to college. Too much, too soon.

Comment

Whatever he's going on to next, I hope it works out for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A large portion of these kids (pitchers) today are “worn out” by time they get to college. Too much, too soon.
                              Exactly. Feel sorry for some of these kids.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X