Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome

Comment

Do you have black and white photo's of the material in the woods?

Seriously, a couple of full sets of garments in XXL for testing would be great. Can provide shipping address upon request.

Good luck with it all.

Comment

Please make something that blends in on the side of a pine tree.
        Think of how many southern states people in pine thickets?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

My formerly secret project

Picture is kind of fuzzy, but the fractal micro pattern mimics many natural shapes. Especially some bark patterns. This is in large format printer paper so it’s glossy and shiny but on fabrics it matches even closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            If you need a 300#+ product tester I'm your huckleberry!
            I think that would work great in all my mesquites.
            I’ll see Gunnys 300 and add 50-60# depending on day of the week. Need it real long and tall also!

In all seriousness I love the look and there really isn’t anything camo-wise out there for the REALLY extra large humans.

Comment

I think you’ll miss a lot of buyers if you don’t offer sizes to fit the more athletic sized people like myself, 5’8 150lbs. I can think of 10 or so people that wear Sitka and most are of athletic build or slim build. I was a Sitka skeptic but one of the things I like the most is the fit. I hate camo that doesn’t fit well and has too much sloppy fabric that bunches up.. I guess it’s made that way to fit a wider range of people?

Comment

I like the idea of what you’re doing. Will you run solids as well? I’m a fan of supporting US manufacturing but not a fan of the pattern. Good luck with it, just missed OR this year but I could see it there next year and would be interested at the reception there

Comment

I like it. Good Luck to You.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                    I think you’ll miss a lot of buyers if you don’t offer sizes to fit the more athletic sized people like myself, 5’8 150lbs. I can think of 10 or so people that wear Sitka and most are of athletic build or slim build. I was a Sitka skeptic but one of the things I like the most is the fit. I hate camo that doesn’t fit well and has too much sloppy fabric that bunches up.. I guess it’s made that way to fit a wider range of people?

We’ll do our best to accommodate a large range of folks. Unfortunately those at the extreme end can always be a small market segment. However, since we own a cut and see operation ourselves, it could be possible for some small batch custom stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by nchunter View Post
                      Interesting how? Just curious.
                      Name is pending with copyright and trademark office. I’ll reveal in a month or so.

I always wondered the difference between copyright and trademark use. Like how do you copyright or trademark a camo pattern or do you?

Comment

Awesome, send me some sample in XL.
                        :-)

Comment

Ll

Originally posted by ThePecosBilly View Post
                          I always wondered the difference between copyright and trademark use. Like how do you copyright or trademark a camo pattern or do you?
                          Copyrights cover things like artwork, music and patterns and trademark would be more for a logo with your name. However, I over simplified it and leave it to the attorneys to be honest.

Comment

I love the pattern. Don't get me wrong- it is ugly as sin but I get the impression it would do a fantastic job. On a material note- is it possible to do that camo on ripstop type material- the material similar to military issue gear? It protects more from thick bush and is resistant to scrapes/scratches etc

Ive tested gear in different climates before and if you are really serious then you need someone to take it to the extremes there (as I am sure you are aware) Crawling in it, running in it, climb, carry tons of weight on it (friction on backpacks etc). Good luck!
                            Last edited by billythefish; 02-06-2019, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billythefish View Post
                              I love the pattern. Don't get me wrong- it is ugly as sin but I get the impression it would do a fantastic job. On a material note- is it possible to do that camo on ripstop type material- the material similar to military issue gear? It protects more from thick bush and is resistant to scrapes/scratches etc

Ive tested gear in different climates before and if you are really serious then you need someone to take it to the extremes there (as I am sure you are aware) Crawling in it, running in it, climb, carry tons of weight on it (friction on backpacks etc). Good luck!
                              Well we were not going for ugly, we wanted effective. There’s always that nagging urge to make something look good on the rack, but at the end of the day it’s how it works in the field that is most important.

Comment

Congrats on all that hard work starting to shine some light. Wish you all the luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X