My formerly secret project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    I am talking about selling your pattern to companies to put on their products (Product Licensing). That is were the money is made. I understand you have to build a brand first by making apparel, but keep an eye on the end game of having your pattern being sold through product licensing.

I understand. Thanks. What I’m saying is , if we license the camo, the end product must also be made in America. We are not going to license the pattern and see it on non USA made products. If someone makes something domestically, of course we’d license the pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nchunter View Post
      I understand. Thanks. What I’m saying is , if we license the camo, the end product must also be made in America. We are not going to license the pattern and see it on non USA made products. If someone makes something domestically, of course we’d license the pattern.

MAGA Camo Series ~ Traildust

Comment

First off, congratulations on the new venture and leap.

Here are my thoughts on camo and hunting clothes.

I really think your camo pattern will blend in well, but just seeing it as it is, and not in the field, it looks like a cross between an alligator pattern and a tie dyed shirt. I think some you tube videos showing it in the field and comparing it to some other higher end patterns would help sell it.

Also, while the pattern is a portion of the equation, the other portion is material tech. It appears you are going after both animals.
        If the material tech is something you want to tackle, I highly suggest you offer it in solid colors as well so people will be more apt to wear in non hunting situations. Maybe your mid and base layers could serve dual purpose. Also, be careful about fit on base layers because too big turns everyone into the pillsbury doughboy which makes it difficult to move in.

I just bought a new line of clothes for duck hunting and actually only bought the coat right now. It is the tech of kuiu materials but with waterfowl hunters in mind. The camo pattern isnt my favorite, but the fit and function of the materials I love.

You seem to be diligent in your testing and stance and I hope that serves you well. Best of luck and I hope to be a supporter. Maybe you can have an "athletic fit" line for us non big guys.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like it! Congratulations on your endeavor!

Comment

My formerly secret project

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
            First off, congratulations on the new venture and leap.

Here are my thoughts on camo and hunting clothes.

I really think your camo pattern will blend in well, but just seeing it as it is, and not in the field, it looks like a cross between an alligator pattern and a tie dyed shirt. I think some you tube videos showing it in the field and comparing it to some other higher end patterns would help sell it.

Also, while the pattern is a portion of the equation, the other portion is material tech. It appears you are going after both animals.
            If the material tech is something you want to tackle, I highly suggest you offer it in solid colors as well so people will be more apt to wear in non hunting situations. Maybe your mid and base layers could serve dual purpose. Also, be careful about fit on base layers because too big turns everyone into the pillsbury doughboy which makes it difficult to move in.

I just bought a new line of clothes for duck hunting and actually only bought the coat right now. It is the tech of kuiu materials but with waterfowl hunters in mind. The camo pattern isnt my favorite, but the fit and function of the materials I love.

You seem to be diligent in your testing and stance and I hope that serves you well. Best of luck and I hope to be a supporter. Maybe you can have an "athletic fit" line for us non big guys.

Nice input. Will try to get some videos shortly.
            There’s one animal inspiration which is also in our logo. Here’s a hint

Also here’s the same pattern green with some tan on the right in a full foliage scenario

Last edited by nchunter; 01-31-2019, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Looks great!!
              Will your pieces be athletic fit looking like Sitka, Kryptek and the others or will you offer pot belly sizes for us more matured guys????
              Good luck on your venture.

Comment

While I can’t promise it will fit the most round amongst us, it is not made for Instagram workout fiends. I’m 6’3” 220lbs with 38” length arms so definitely not for petite people. Honestly though given enough demand we can make just about anything. I purchased many shirts over the past year and nothing is more aggravating then an xl or xxl being s belly shirt with sleeves riding up your armpits.

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                  Any chance that your sizes will also come in big or tall?
                  This.

Comment

While I can’t promise it will fit the most round amongst us, it is not made for Instagram workout fiends. I’m 6’3” 220lbs with 38” length arms so definitely not for petite people. Honestly though given enough demand we can make just about anything. I purchased many shirts over the past year and nothing is more aggravating then an xl or xxl being s belly shirt with sleeves riding up your armpits.
                    Lol. I hear you. I am not big, 5"11" 175 but with long arms and skinny legs. A large in most shirts. What I liked about my newest line I bought is the sleeves were actually long enough for a monkey armed guy. Sure made it nice to be able to bend my arm and not have a 3/4 sleeve effect going on.

Comment

I hunt in a fluorescent orange, tiger striped Ted Nugent cape, but best of luck to you!

I'm also fit with a 40" chest and 31" waist, so I'm not your target market anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                        I hunt in a fluorescent orange, tiger striped Ted Nugent cape, but best of luck to you!

I'm also fit with a 40" chest and 31" waist, so I'm not your target market anyway.
                        Well then.Pm your neck size and we can make you a bespoke cape for sure.

Comment

Well then.Pm your neck size and we can make you a bespoke cape for sure.
                          In all seriousness, have you considered bespoke hunting clothes? High priced, tailored fit and needs. Pocket here, pocket there, built in binocular clips, etc...?

Comment

I dig it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't like any white in my camo. I mainly deer hunt in the Pineywoods and mixed hardwoods forest. Deer key in on white. It is an alert color for them. Realtree is the worst about putting white and light gray in their patterns. It stands out like crazy. Don't even think about moving with a deer close. I think you are on the right track. I like the mimic patterns much more than the "forest scene" patterns. Heck, the old army woodland camo is still one of the best patterns around.

Comment

I love it

Comment

Working...
                                X