No announcement yet.

2019 Live Pig Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 15 minutes another storm started up. The wind kicked up high, but favorable and he bolted to about 40 yards... came back.... then wind blew and he ran again. Then eased back to 22 yards and someone MILES away shot a gun... ran off and started circling. With light enough to see but not enough to pick out muscle lines he paused at 30. Sounded good, looked good, pass through. Lightning flashing everywhere. I gave him as long as it took to climb down and grab arrow. Found blood on trail that I swear right now a rabbit can’t go down. Solid bramble 😡

I’m probably done here till fall. It’s just too &@$% thick to track. Same mess Lola’s went in.... but with 2 months and 20” of rain to grow thicker
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
      I'm glad things are good enough in your world that you're posting on this thread tonight!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks man. I’m sitting here in the hospital room while she sleeps passing the time.

Comment

I'm glad things are good enough in your world that you're posting on this thread tonight!

Thanks Muskles ... I’m just sitting in the room with her while she sleeps. Tbh is helping me pass the time..

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          After 15 minutes another storm started up. The wind kicked up high, but favorable and he bolted to about 40 yards... came back.... then wind blew and he ran again. Then eased back to 22 yards and someone MILES away shot a gun... ran off and started circling. With light enough to see but not enough to pick out muscle lines he paused at 30. Sounded good, looked good, pass through. Lightning flashing everywhere. I gave him as long as it took to climb down and grab arrow. Found blood on trail that I swear right now a rabbit can’t go down. Solid bramble [emoji35]

I’m probably done here till fall. It’s just too &@$% thick to track. Same mess Lola’s went in.... but with 2 months and 20” of rain to grow thicker

Sounds like the crap I was tracking in the other day.

Sorry man..

Comment

.... he ran in here

That pic was from March! It’s honestly 5x worse now.... plus brambles ( what I call them, black berry with the hexagon stalks and hooked thorns that break off.... yea it’s a whole lotta SUCK). First non recovery on a hog in awhile. Kinda figured the outcome but that broadhead makes em leak and I was hoping the brush would choke him down.... and it might have, after 10 minutes I made it 15 yards on blood. Can’t see 2 yards max

They walked right down the road over my left shoulder. If they would have came in before first storm, no way I wouldn’t have been busted. Never in a million years I would have guessed that entry. But I don’t blame them
            Attached Files

Comment

A whirlwind of hunt and an enjoyable read either way. I wouldn't be going in looking in that either.

Comment

Got 3.5” of rain and buckle sized hail last night... I ain’t going back in without a D6 or a skidder

Comment

Man, that’s some thick stuff!!!! Better luck next time.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

just now seeing this thread have been doing a lot of pig hunting this year. i plan on going this afternoon. ill see if i cant bring y'all with me

Comment

Was in the area today clearing brush off a fence row. Took the skid steer and brush grapple over there. Red circle is where he ran in. I made it 15 or so yards last night. Skid steer made it about 30-40 yards I was grabbing so much brush it was pumping the ground up on an iron ore hill!

Of course I didn’t find the pig and didn’t expect too. But now I have a better recovery access and “maybe” a path of least resistance they will chose to run vs the brush pile of doom. Who knows

Would have made a cool pic to find it and drag out with brush grapple
                      Attached Files

Comment

In the tree glad there’s a nice breeze blowing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck! Looks like a nice setup.

Comment

With this heat, I'll just stay right here and watch yall.

Did my share of pig-n in the heat when I was younger. Spent to much time in it a couple of times. Well, maybe mroe than a couple. Now my body won't handle it without getting sick, dizzy, ect. Good luck to all who brave the heat for some blood.

Comment

Good luck! Looks like a nice setup.

Thanks

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              With this heat, I'll just stay right here and watch yall.

Did my share of pig-n in the heat when I was younger. Spent to much time in it a couple of times. Well, maybe mroe than a couple. Now my body won't handle it without getting sick, dizzy, ect. Good luck to all who brave the heat for some blood.

Yea I’ll definitely feel it tomorrow but I’m in the shade and have a good breeze in my face

Comment

Weird i already have a coon out usually they don’t show till after dark

Comment

Working...
                                X