No announcement yet.

2019 Hagerman Hog Hunt Seg A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the best deal on the Federal Premium Vital-Shok Trophy Copper Sabot Slugs P152-TC 12 GA Shotgun Ammo at GrabAGun.com. Get the best deals on Shotgun Ammo for sale online at GrabAGun! Federal for sale online. Flat rate shipping on all guns and ammo with

Comment

Grizz, those Federal slugs are what I bought at Cabelas, but all they had were 3". Their price was less than GAG per box, but it looks like GAG $12.99 flat rate on any quantity I would have been ahead especially probably no tax.

Comment

Paradise Cove called me yesterday needing to switch me spots. So we're in spot 1 now. Looks to be pretty close Doug.

Tobin, Leon, y'all get a spot yet?

Also I finally got drawn for the turkey hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          Grizz, those Federal slugs are what I bought at Cabelas, but all they had were 3". Their price was less than GAG per box, but it looks like GAG $12.99 flat rate on any quantity I would have been ahead especially probably no tax.
          Their retail location is in Coppell, about 20 mins from my office. I order online, have them ship to the retail location and save the shipping.

Comment

JJ, I've never camped in those spots on the point, so I'm not sure how close, or what the layout is, I do fire up the chainsaw at bedtime, just a warning. We'll get in mid-day, so see you when you get there, we will guard the beverages, and have a fire going if it's not too late.

Comment

We camped there last year. Seems to be more folks over there but not too bad. Y’all look to be just a couple spots away.

Comment

Couple of us drew for the turkey hunt too. So y’all be on the lookout for us!

Comment

Got some new slugs in and gonna try some buckshot in another shotgun.

Need to check the muzzleloader out too. Buddy used it in October for a Gila elk with my same load so it should have some luck attached to it!

Comment

My shotgun slugs are working fine, slightly rough on my 170lb frame at the bench. 3" mag, solid copper sabot, Rem 870, rifled barrel.

I cannot get my inline muzzleloader figured out. Shoots fine one shot, next shot-primer pop only. Using Buckhorn 209 with Fed 209's. I get it clean, before someone pops-off and questions clean- I know what clean is after years of traditional side-locks. This past weekend I can only guess it was my nipple (can I say that here?) 100gn of Buckhorn, 250gn copper sabot slug.

Comment

My shotgun slugs are working fine, slightly rough on my 170lb frame at the bench. 3" mag, solid copper sabot, Rem 870, rifled barrel.

I cannot get my inline muzzleloader figured out. Shoots fine one shot, next shot-primer pop only. Using Buckhorn 209 with Fed 209's. I get it clean, before someone pops-off and questions clean- I know what clean is after years of traditional side-locks. This past weekend I can only guess it was my nipple (can I say that here?) 100gn of Buckhorn, 250gn copper sabot slug.
                      Thats odd. Only thing I can think of is a plugged up breech plug hole or wet/bad powder.

Do the primers seem to be going off fine?

Comment

Primers fire fine, powder is new. In my breech plug, the spring that retains the primer has been loose, but I cannot believe that a somewhat loose 209 can't ignite the powder though it's not fully seated. I came home from the range this weekend with a loaded charge in the breech, pulled the plug and the nipple was clear. If I could find a non-toxic that I could use in a sidelock with a 1-48 twist I'd be there.

Comment

How'd yall do at Hagerman this year??

Comment

Razorback you might check this out http://www.blackhorn209.com/specs/ignition-guidelines/

Comment

If I could find a non-toxic that I could use in a sidelock with a 1-48 twist I'd be there.
                              you may have already come across these, but just in case not:

(50cal backordered, but others look available.)

Comment

Thanks chillymac, looks like mine is a primer issue. I will check my flash-hole diameter this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X