Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

NFL overtime rule rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
    If the NFLs method was any good at all, college and HS would’ve followed suit.

Yes the college system is perfect.........7 OTs in Aggy /LSU...

Comment

Should go to shoot out!
      5 field goal attempts each team from 40 yard line. If tie, move to 50 then 60!
      Talk about pressure and suspense

Comment

Changing it to make it longer would be hard to get past the players union I would think. Just from an injury standpoint I could see where they would have issues. NFL rules are not just made or created by one person.

Comment

Its all just a big conspiracy to get Brady another Super bowl! Just wait, the refs will screw the Rams too. The Pats owner has too much power and gets all the breaks. Belichek has the refs intimidated, and they make sure not to **** him off. No other team stands a chance until something is done!!!

I could really care less who wins tho.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
            Its all just a big conspiracy to get Brady another Super bowl! Just wait, the refs will screw the Rams too. The Pats owner has too much power and gets all the breaks. Belichek has the refs intimidated, and they make sure not to **** him off. No other team stands a chance until something is done!!!

I could really care less who wins tho.

Man....I bet the NFL was ****** when their paid conspirators dropped the ball against the Eagles last year trying to get Brady another Super Bowl...or did the NFL just not want Brady to get one more last year?

I know I was ****** when the Eagles won as a Cowboys fan. Wished the NFL would have come through for us..
            Last edited by Smart; 01-22-2019, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              No... the cointoss determines if your offense or defense nuts up and wins the game for you.
              Exactly...

The phrase "Their offense is their best defense" doesn't work when you run of time going back and forth and reach OT. In OT you have to have both.

Look at it another way... if two team's can't stop each other's offense... well... you might as well leave it to a coin toss to determine who is going to go.

Disclaimer... I really really really wanted the Chiefs to win too!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                Disclaimer... I really really really wanted the Chiefs to win too!!!!

Same. I wanted Brady to go home... not that I don't like him. I'm just ready for some new blood like this Mahomes kid.....or DAK! Please dear God just one more time before I leave this world..

Comment

Don't let it go to overtime. Why need extra time? 60 minutes is plenty of time to beat an opponent. If you can't then you are leaving it up to luck.

Comment

Man....I bet the NFL was ****** when their paid conspirators dropped the ball against the Eagles last year trying to get Brady another Super Bowl...or did the NFL just not want Brady to get one more last year?

I know I was ****** when the Eagles won as a Cowboys fan. Wished the NFL would have come through for us..
                    that was all just to drive up the rating for this year. The media tried to say Brady was finished early this year after the super bowl loss and the pats early season struggles. Its better ratings now that he is a year older

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                      that was all just to drive up the rating for this year. The media tried to say Brady was finished early this year after the super bowl loss and the pats early season struggles. Its better ratings now that he is a year older

Ahhhh....I knew you could backstory it all..

Comment

Have the ref bring out a 3-D deer target & have each head coach shoot from 60 yards. Winner gets the ball 1st.

There, problem solved.................................

Comment

Originally posted by sticks View Post
                          Should go to shoot out!
                          5 field goal attempts each team from 40 yard line. If tie, move to 50 then 60!
                          Talk about pressure and suspense

There you go! I think we have a winner....that way neither Brady or Mahomes sees the field and everybody is happy with the equality..

Comment

This could have all been avoided if the chiefs defensive player would not have lined up in the neutral zone. Hadn’t lined up in the neutral zone all game long but wait to do it on a critical 3rd down & just so happened to be a tipped pass that resulted in what would have been an interception. I know Chiefs had other opportunities but that was a crucial penalty. Oh well. Mahomes had a great season & is a class act on and off the field.

Comment

Ahhhh....I knew you could backstory it all..

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                                This could have all been avoided if the chiefs defensive player would not have lined up in the neutral zone. Hadn’t lined up in the neutral zone all game long but wait to do it on a critical 3rd down & just so happened to be a tipped pass that resulted in what would have been an interception. I know Chiefs had other opportunities but that was a crucial penalty. Oh well. Mahomes had a great season & is a class act on and off the field.

Clearly the NFL made a call to the sideline and had him lineup that way becaue they knew the interception was coming..

Comment

Working...
                                X