Tutorial for those who failed middle school sentence structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
    I'm not trying to be the grammar police, but a paragraph every now and again is nice instead of 97 sentences in a row!
    TES!!! ...and PERIODS at the end os sentences! What is so hard about that?

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
    Maybe the next tutorial could be subject / verb agreement?

Ah! I have another kindred spirit here!

A little example for those who could use a refresher course.

Click image for larger version

Name:	144D1DD9-B32D-4B2A-9D7E-0A3D894F643F.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	24568072
    Last edited by Burnadell; 01-24-2019, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

I was 30 years old before I sent my first business email and that was in 2012. My biggest fear of getting my promotion was having to type an email.

How comfortable would you be if you had to send a letter, not an email, to the CEO of your company?

Everyone likes to poke fun and say that it is not important as long as everyone knows what they mean, but it IS important to be able to communicate in writing correctly. Who would want to submit a resume for a job with errors on it?

Comment

Durn it Randy! I never figured you to be a nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          How comfortable would you be if you had to send a letter, not an email, to the CEO of your company?

Everyone likes to poke fun and say that it is not important as long as everyone knows what they mean, but it IS important to be able to communicate in writing correctly. Who would want to submit a resume for a job with errors on it?
          I can tell you this from experience. I don't know how many people want to submit a resume' with errors on it; but plenty of people do so.

Comment

Well...

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
              Well...
              That is a deep subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

I’d pay someone to do it.

My wife has been in HR for 20 years and the last 15 at a high level so she handles my resume request

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  Durn it Randy! I never figured you to be a nerd.
                  I'm not a nerd, Randy. I just thought I would try to help some who were not paying attention back in the 5th grade and wanted to improve their writing skills.

Comment

"Well, I'll be."

Brake that'n down fer me, is they a noun and a verb in that mess?

Comment

I cant understand it. It was rit by a yankee.

Comment

Working...
                      X