• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I foegot to mention...another negative is couch space[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s our boy. Czech/DDR

Our American/backyard bred Lady. Hands down the most loyal, loving, protective dog that I wouldn’t sell for a million dollars.

Luuk is great but he’s a “I’ll climb a fence for a squirrel ” and our girl Barli is more like “I’ll climb a fence if I hear my family is in trouble”

Two very different dogs but two very awesome dogs with different needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We foster dogs, put me inline. I can come get him quick.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Shed like crazy

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post

Here’s our boy. Czech/DDR

Our American/backyard bred Lady. Hands down the most loyal, loving, protective dog that I wouldn’t sell for a million dollars.

Luuk is great but he’s a “I’ll climb a fence for a squirrel ” and our girl Barli is more like “I’ll climb a fence if I hear my family is in trouble”

Two very different dogs but two very awesome dogs with different needs.

How old is the Czech/DDR? He is the one you should trust protecting your family. Just because a dog barks at strangers doesn't mean it has true protection drive. I mean, American pet lines are not used in police, military or protection work. There is a reason for that.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m a cop. I’ve bred GSD’s and worked with working shepherds for a long time. Trust me when I say I’m not a pedigree snob ( but I very much know about GSD’s) and have learned that in some cases, like my cheap old American bred girl, pedigree doesn’t mean a thing. She has always been a better breed standard as far as temperament is concerned than my working dog. That’s just how this particular dog has been. My male takes work to bring out the characteristics that my female shows completely naturally. But then again I had a Pure DDR female that was the same way, naturally protective and insanely loyal. In fact if my two girls would have gotten along better I’d have kept them and given him away. But it was always a death match between them. My male is beautiful, sweet, agile and has great drive and a soft mouth but he is always looking for the chase. If I had the amount of time to dedicate to him could he be everything he “should” be heck yeah. But that takes a LOT of time. I’ve used him to work his whole life but he lives for the work, not to please me.

Comment

Great dog, great breed.

Comment

Working...
                X