2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
    I think if someone could wright a book about the select world and the complaining parents they would get rich quick. I have never seen it get so watered down with team jumpers and starting up new teams over a bunch of crybaby parents. Just amazed over how many teams break up over kids and parents complaining, if you want to complain over where your player starts or hitting in a lineup please stay at the little league level select ball is not for you!!!
    If one player leaving is eating you up this bad...it may be time for you to step away from coaching.

Do you have a son on the 13 yo team? Now would be good for him to learn to play for someone else. That's how it will be in high school.

For your mental health and your son's development - seriously it may be time to walk away.

Good luck!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
        I think if someone could wright a book about the select world and the complaining parents they would get rich quick. I have never seen it get so watered down with team jumpers and starting up new teams over a bunch of crybaby parents. Just amazed over how many teams break up over kids and parents complaining, if you want to complain over where your player starts or hitting in a lineup please stay at the little league level select ball is not for you!!!
        Grant.. check out the link i posted above. It talks exactly about your issues and provides a good template on a contract to correct the parent aspect.
        Dont give up on the rest of the kids. Good coaches are hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Grant.. check out the link i posted above. It talks exactly about your issues and provides a good template on a contract to correct the parent aspect.
          Dont give up on the rest of the kids. Good coaches are hard to find.
          Man I never give up on the kids their parents do. Anyway I see you guys are in Gulf Shores we have played there a few times and really liked it. You guys need to checkout Destin next year fun place to play as well GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

Yall enjoy - we just got back from a vacation there. Also spent a few days in NO.

Baseball was crazy this weekend. Jax is playing amazing on defense, and cant hit to save his life, lol. He had a running bare hander and about 3 put outs at SS the first game. He actually bunted twice and got on both times. One was a squeeze play that the runner scored and he was safe at first. He loved it, lol. We won that one 12-1. Second game was terrible. We gave up 18 runs and only 4 were earned. Unfortunately Jax was on the mound for most of that. It was killing him, but he powered through. Went 0-2 at the plate for that game. 18-5 loss.

We have started playing basketball now. He's enjoying that competition and difference in pace. They have won their first two games. Have 2 coaches asking about football this Fall, and still not committed. Will see if his Mom will hold out again.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              I always sat in a lawn chair out past the dugouts to prevent dealing with parents. My kid has played with two organizations. Wasn’t a bad fit just he was moving to a new level. Sorry you had to deal with it but better he is gone
              I sit behind the right or left field fence 100% of the time so I don't have to listen to ignorant parents chirp. That's sad I know, but it's the only way I can swing it! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                Yall enjoy - we just got back from a vacation there. Also spent a few days in NO.

Baseball was crazy this weekend. Jax is playing amazing on defense, and cant hit to save his life, lol. He had a running bare hander and about 3 put outs at SS the first game. He actually bunted twice and got on both times. One was a squeeze play that the runner scored and he was safe at first. He loved it, lol. We won that one 12-1. Second game was terrible. We gave up 18 runs and only 4 were earned. Unfortunately Jax was on the mound for most of that. It was killing him, but he powered through. Went 0-2 at the plate for that game. 18-5 loss.

We have started playing basketball now. He's enjoying that competition and difference in pace. They have won their first two games. Have 2 coaches asking about football this Fall, and still not committed. Will see if his Mom will hold out again.
                It will come, maybe a break will do him some good.

We just caught 3 fish between 6 of us in 5 hours, not a fun fishing trip...

Comment

Tanner got tired of bunting against this kid..

Comment

Just pulled in from garner... loading truck for GS..heading out bright and early
                    We are at the pin trading fiasco...y'all here?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      We learned last year...
                      Get there at 2:45..
                      Hang on the middle dock...let the kids attack people coming in... got all 32 pins traded for each kid...was at the daquiri place at the wharf by 3:15....and outta there by 3:30..
                      Youll hear 12 baller teams being introduced...but 95% of us aint there

Comment

We're at foley early tomorrow..yall at orange?

Comment

Tanner got tired of bunting against this kid..
                          https://youtu.be/jxgYMs0Zy_I
                          That’s how you take it to the opposite field. Good bat speed

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            Looking like a rain out for tomorrow....not pretty forecast...

Comment

We're at foley early tomorrow..yall at orange?
                              We are at gulf shores sportsplex. We didn't stay long at all at the Wharf, out of control.

Comment

Got first game in..boys showed up a little too late to the game..
                                Tan hit another opposite field smoker..
                                Been in a rain delay.. they got it dried out and raked just in time for another downpour.. now waiting another 2 hours ..

Comment

Working...
                                X