2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwill View Post
    Your boy is having a heck of a season if this is the first time he's been put out! My two get put out daily! LOL

This is rec ball, and the competition hasn’t been great until yesterday...but he has been pounding the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
      If the organizations will all get together and agree to play developmental double header leagues life would be so much better. We've done it twice now with my 10u son and man is it nice!
      We will do that in the fall out at Franklin.

Comment

Second weekend in a row and my son’s team go home with the Gold rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats guys.

We were up 8-1.. and coaches got fancy with pitcher and position changes ..and trying pick off moves that had no chance in hell in working nor were suited for the position changes... did the same when the boys were batting..take calls with 2 outside and runner on first.....just silly stuff.
          Gave the game away.
          Literally.
          Let the kids down big time.

And before yall think this is a disgruntled dad..I was one of the coaches..I just didn't speak up loud enough to stop it from happening...on me too.

Daughter did win her 3rd national cheer championship at Disney this morning so that takes a little bit of the sting out..

Comment

First week of Practice for the big boys starts tomorrow. I’ve got some in the playoffs so won’t really get rolling with everyone for a couple of weeks as they finish up. I’ve got the 16’s with the Waco Storm. First tournament in Austin weekend of June 6th. Say hello if you ever see us. We’re in Austin, San Antonio, Franklin, Houston, Franklin again and Albuquerque I believe is the order.

Comment

great stuff from the weekend fellas....Brock went 2-0 on saturday, getting the 1 seed, playing some great baseball. the last 3-4 weeks he has been swinging the bat great and last weekend they moved him to leadoff and he has ran with it, and the team seems to have turned a corner also. they lost yesterday 2-1, to the same dodgers team that beat us last sunday, but ut was a fun game to watch and the team looks great. he caught all 3 games this weekend and nobody even tried to run on him, which is cool for the team but we have been working on his footwork back there so i wanted to see how he looked.

we had a runner on 1st in the bottom of the 6th, brock flied out to center then the #2 kid comes up and ropes one to left center, our runner from first made a hard turn at 2nd and they threw him out trying to get back to the bag he looked safe from our side but he shouldnt have even been a close play, especially with our #3 and #4 hitters coming up, and the #4 hitter has been really hot lately. so now we have 2 outs and a runner on 2nd and the 3-hole strikes out to end the game.

thats the way baseball go

Comment

This is an at bat from last weekend, he had fouled off 2 before this, count was 2-2. he had 2 doubles back to back over the centerfielders head that game. About 6 weeks ago he started bending his knees more and concentrating on not "coming up" during the swing and it's really starting to pay off. It's amazing what a couple good at bats will do for ones confidence.

In our first game that day Brock was pitching and a kid almost hit one on top of that barn on him lol, as soon as he hit it I knew it was gone [emoji16]http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5cd03832...-10-01-051.mp4

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Some good stuff here for parents, kids and coaches...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by jshouse; 05-07-2019, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    This is an at bat from last weekend, he had fouled off 2 before this, count was 2-2. he had 2 doubles back to back over the centerfielders head that game. About 6 weeks ago he started bending his knees more and concentrating on not "coming up" during the swing and it's really starting to pay off. It's amazing what a couple good at bats will do for ones confidence.

In our first game that day Brock was pitching and a kid almost hit one on top of that barn on him lol, as soon as he hit it I knew it was gone [emoji16]http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5cd03832...-10-01-051.mp4

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
                    Good stuff!!!

Comment

My son's team won the 13u aaa strikes against cancer. That got them bumped to majors in tsb. Guess they are about to see what big boy baseball is about.

Comment

Well my son’s team got bumped up to Majors with USSSA yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                          My son's team won the 13u aaa strikes against cancer. That got them bumped to majors in tsb. Guess they are about to see what big boy baseball is about.
                          Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                          Well my son’s team got bumped up to Majors with USSSA yesterday
                          Good stuff fellas

Comment

Early birthday present for Logan, aka The Ballplayer

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                              Good for them it will be good for them to see better teams. You have to remember they are 13U not a big jump from AAA to Majors they just have to put it together.

Comment

Heading to Kerrville this weekend to a tournament and check out the D-Bat facility. Hope the boys show up and play LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X