Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Snakes in the yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope! Nope...I’m not good with that snake.

Comment

I would really like to find a cobra in my yard, before it found me though. Probably a slim chance in Texas though haha. Cool snake and snake gun. I used to make my own snake shot for 44 mag. I never made it for an auto though

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        People in Africa are like "I'm gonna go mow the yard and try not to die today. Wish me luck."
        I'm not an lol guy, but lol.

Comment

I cannot imagine having to worry about cobras, puff adders, and the like! I would be sleeping in my snake boots!

Comment

I hear stories on occasion of them in south texas but Idk if they are true.
            still better then a black mamba though.

Comment

nope

Comment

No thanks!

There was a cobra loose in needville anyear or two ago. Guy had several venomous snakes that he would harvest the venom from. The cobra got loose, they found it a day or two later.

Comment

Holy crap...…..
                  , I'm still running...…….

Comment

Nice photo, nice dispatch. Just curious, distance from subject on photo?

Comment

Thinking shotgun.

Comment

Just did some Googling - looks like you have a lot of really cool looking non venomous species as well. 72 non venomous and another 50 “slightly venomous” according to this website. Are some of these common to your area? I am a fan of any that are helpful rodent control
                        A photographic guide to the common harmless snakes found in South Africa.

Comment

Had a green tree snake and a puff adder at the same time in a blind in RSA on ne of my hunys. Fortunately neither were maturs and my PH dispatched them with one of my arrows tipped with a Ramcat! I hate snakes!

Comment

oh hell no...

Comment

Pretty sure I would run, screaming like a school girl if I spotted a cobra in my yard

I will stick with the copperheads and occasional cottonmouth

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                                No thanks!

There was a cobra loose in needville anyear or two ago. Guy had several venomous snakes that he would harvest the venom from. The cobra got loose, they found it a day or two later.
                                I understand allowing these very venemous snakes to be imported for research and to produce the antivenom to licensed and controlled facilities with staff trained in handling them. I don’t understand allowing individuals who are not monitored keep these snakes. A good example of what can happen is with the boa constrictor proliferation in Florida.

Comment

Working...
                                X