No announcement yet.

2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was good! Need to do it with smaller fish though. These were big old LOP pigs!! Need some 10" barely legal lake Tyler fish!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Humminbird Helix 12 SI and a Helix 7 Mega DI; How do you manually enter latitude/longitude? Thanks,
      Roby

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

Pickled crappie for New Year's Eve. Good stuff!!!

That looks nasty [emoji33]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
          I have a Humminbird Helix 12 SI and a Helix 7 Mega DI; How do you manually enter latitude/longitude? Thanks,
          Roby

I did this back at the first of summer. Think I had to manually punch in the data from TP&W on an SD card. Cause the software coordinates were not compatible with my G1 Helix 10 SI/GPS. Then install the SD card back in the Helix. The helix will automatically upload the coordinates. You may have to adjust/modify the Goggle Earth coordinates so they work with the Hummer. I had to do the same with my hand held Garmin GPS for the desktop software to work properly also. That was several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            I did this back at the first of summer. Think I had to manually punch in the data from TP&W on an SD card. Cause the software coordinates were not compatible with my G1 Helix 10 SI/GPS. Then install the SD card back in the Helix. The helix will automatically upload the coordinates. You may have to adjust/modify the Goggle Earth coordinates so they work with the Hummer. I had to do the same with my hand held Garmin GPS for the desktop software to work properly also. That was several years ago.
            Thanks,
            Was this a normal SD card, and upload it into Lake Masters? I cant remember if I have the G1 or 2... I'll have to check when I get back to storage in Conroe. It "Shouldn't" be too hard to manually input coordinates, but I have several I need to put in.

Comment

Here's a couple more links on formatting. If I remember correctly, My Hummer PC would not recognize my Google Earth for some reason. So I converted all the waypoints by hand to MY Hummer PC. Then loaded them on the SD card for use in my Helix.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J2NZtkEt5w"]Humminbird HELIX How To Change Position Format - YouTube[/ame]

If I find a spot on google earth how can I transfer those coordinates that my humminbird will understand them?

(Wayne P. knows his stuff on the Hummers!)

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

Pickled crappie for New Year's Eve. Good stuff!!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Here's a couple more links on formatting. If I remember correctly, My Hummer PC would not recognize my Google Earth for some reason. So I converted all the waypoints by hand to MY Hummer PC. Then loaded them on the SD card for use in my Helix.

Humminbird HELIX How To Change Position Format - YouTube

If I find a spot on google earth how can I transfer those coordinates that my humminbird will understand them?

(Wayne P. knows his stuff on the Hummers!)

https://www.humminbird.com/support/faqs/WaypointFormat
                  Thanks, I'll check those links out!

Comment

Livescope installed today. Lake test tomorrow! I barely know how to use side imaging so we will see!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                      Livescope installed today. Lake test tomorrow! I barely know how to use side imaging so we will see!
                      Im jealous, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                        Roby
                        Here's a quick and easy tip for manually entering latitude longitude with a Humminbird. This is quick and easy!

1. Mark a Waypoint; where you sit on the water; Anywhere.
                        2. Selct the Waypoint and select Edit.
                        3. Scroll down to the Lattitude, move the cursor over, and change it!!
                        4. Scroll down to Longitude and repeat step 3.
                        5. SAVE

Hope this helps someone.
                        Roby

Comment

It's so easy I can do it. Let us know what you think

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Unfortunately 18 mph wind and 18 ft aluminum boat don't work together. Maiden voyage postponed. [emoji852]

Comment

2019 Crappie thread!!

Unfortunately 18 mph wind and 18 ft aluminum boat don't work together. Maiden voyage postponed. [emoji852]

Does purtis creek have a boat launch ? Always somewhere to fish if you want too!![emoji2]

Ps there's a 2020 crappie thread now!![emoji2]

Comment

Working...
                              X