No announcement yet.

2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I need to head north to get into the crappie. Been catching very few on Conroe, just about to get a new depth finder with side imaging, probably the Elite 9 ti2 ( maybe HDS 7 Live ) to help solve the issue!

If that doesnt work, cast net!

Comment

Bonus fish!: Good kitty in the cooler Slew.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Yep, love those kinds of bonus fish! Almost as good eating as soc-a-lait. Surely he was not caught on a jig?

Comment

Has anyone been successful in catching crappie way above Texoma on the Red River? I have private access to it. Someone said an Oklahoma license is needed. Havnt looked it up yet.

Comment

Tough bite today

Managed to get a couple to stink the grease though!Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20190804_140859.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	24587822

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Yes sir!! Ate a jig tipped with a minnow. I saw a huge one but couldn't get it to bite. Finally banged the jig off its head and it swam off!! Back home unpacked! Time to relax!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                Yep, love those kinds of bonus fish! Almost as good eating as soc-a-lait. Surely he was not caught on a jig?

This one was caught on a straight jig and We lost one at least twice this size in January on a straight jig!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  This one was caught on a straight jig and We lost one at least twice this size in January on a straight jig!!

Wow! Very interesting! Must be exciting on a crappie rod! 👍

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                    Wow! Very interesting! Must be exciting on a crappie rod! [emoji106]

You going to Louisiana anytime soon? We need to strike another deal!! [emoji2]

Comment

Stuff like this all over the lake and nobody out there to help it along! This poor willow tree is practically growing into the lake! A couple pallets of blocks, cases of beer and a weekend that lake would be in prime shape!! That said I found 20-30 brushpiles and laydowns.

Comment

You going to Louisiana anytime soon? We need to strike another deal!! [emoji2]

Yes, very likely soon. PM on the way.

Comment

Stuff like this all over the lake and nobody out there to help it along! This poor willow tree is practically growing into the lake! A couple pallets of blocks, cases of beer and a weekend that lake would be in prime shape!! That said I found 20-30 brushpiles and laydowns.

I've got a group of willows growing on the edge of the pond behind my house. Are you saying to weight them down, pulling it into the water with it still growing? Or to cut them off and sink them in the pond?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope to fish Fork sometime soon. I had planned on joining y’all this spring but couldn’t make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                              I've got a group of willows growing on the edge of the pond behind my house. Are you saying to weight them down, pulling it into the water with it still growing? Or to cut them off and sink them in the pond?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Cut em off and tie blocks to them!

Comment

Had to sneak off this morning for a while. Had 27 by lunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X