Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some folks still think I was trying to throw rocks....Once again I was not. I was just a question that popped into my head and I got curious. Apologizes to any of those that I seemed to have upset. It was not intentional.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      To me ...this non grad T-shirt phenomena is almost a way of saying your alma mater is so unlikable that only alums could possibly be a fan. Is that the perception that is wanted? Seems very disadvantageous to take that angle to me. It's really very simple and it doesn't seem all that complicated to me....if your school is likable and successful folks want to associate with it. If your school is not likeable or unsuccessful, you try to make fun of folks who associate with schools that do....I'm guessing as a line of defense.....
      I take it as an inferiority complex. They know they will never be the popular program so they reach for something to make themselves feel better.

Comment

I was a longhorn fan before I could even remember. We watched or listened to every single game every fall, and I still do. I was accepted to UT, but had no way to pay for it. So I continued to root for my horns while I had a little stint in Juvo playing baseball. Arm just couldn’t keep up, so community college until I was able to land a job in Denton and go to school. Still and will always be a Longhorn Fan.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
          I take it as an inferiority complex. They know they will never be the popular program so they reach for something to make themselves feel better.
          LOL....yeah, that’s what it is!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Kyler Murray with the middle finger to the A's!

I hate the As.

Michael, this thread blows (for various reasons), think we could start anew?
            Didn’t you and Chad say he was an idiot for not leaving OU and playing baseball?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              Didn’t you and Chad say he was an idiot for not leaving OU and playing baseball?
              I sure did. I didn't think he would get to the point in the draft where he apparently is going to get to. From what I heard today, his baseball stock has been steadily dropping as well...but I need to double check that I heard that right. Either way, baseball put 5 Million in his bank already....so let's not act like it was a far fetched idea after he couldn't beat out Kellen Mond for a starting job at aggy.
              Last edited by Dale Moser; 02-11-2019, 05:59 PM.

Comment

“I think he’s an incredible talent, but he does have more significant hurdles to overcome than Baker Mayfield because he is about 2 inches shorter than Baker and more on the slight side,” former Giants quarterback and SiriusXM analyst Danny Kanell told The Post’s Paul Schwartz recently. “Not as strong as Baker Mayfield, or not as strong as Russell Wilson, who he’s getting compared to a lot.”

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  I sure did. I didn't think he would get to the point in the draft where he apparently is going to get to.
                  The only person that said he would be successful at least out loud was Mayfield. The slaps on here said he wouldn’t make it through the college season. Remember, he was going to get “broke”. ��

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                    Some folks still think I was trying to throw rocks....Once again I was not. I was just a question that popped into my head and I got curious. Apologizes to any of those that I seemed to have upset. It was not intentional.

-john

You didn’t upset anybody. You asked about a topic that gets bounced around here by some of the regular Aggie honks and we gave you an answer we normally give them one or twice then ignore them ...[emoji1303][emoji23] and yes that question or reference has never been asked by any other school’s fans in here. The consistency of its derivation is incredible.[emoji41]

Now.. in the grand scheme of things when a person has to preempt his post with “I’m not trying to be an ass”, he usually is going to be an ***[emoji23][emoji23]. Since we are asking questions here I guess the better question is why would you feel like you needed to ask it and what would any answer that was given do for you personally if “it doesn’t really matter”....

Comment

CFB Off Season Thread

The only person that said he would be successful at least out loud was Mayfield. The slaps on here said he wouldn’t make it through the college season. Remember, he was going to get “broke”. ��

In the long run he’s still making a bad decision imo. Baseball pays so much better for so much longer with so few more physical *** whippings. There was a great article on Jeff Samardzija and his decision to skip football for baseball today. 120 mill later it’s a great choice and most of his draft day cohorts are out of the NFL.
                      Last edited by Smart; 02-11-2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

It does not matter per say...I was just curious. No harm, no foul.

-john
                        I know a little Dachshund pup that’ll be wearing a Longhorn collar just as soon as it arrives. Longhorn T-shirt fan here, graduated from East Texas State.

Comment

Meh.....he faced no true defenses. He faced a good Texas D and got slapped around against Bama until Saban took his foot off the gas at 28-0. Blah Balh Blah....look at his stats up through the 2nd quarter....they got bored toying with him. More power to the kid, he won’t be able to slide every down in the NFL.....good luck, he’ll need it.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                            Meh.....he faced no true defenses. He faced a good Texas D and got slapped around against Bama until Saban took his foot off the gas at 28-0. Blah Balh Blah....look at his stats up through the 2nd quarter....they got bored toying with him. More power to the kid, he won’t be able to slide every down in the NFL.....good luck, he’ll need it.

Are you feeling ok Grimes? I think I saw a small Texas compliment in there. Had to go back and read it 5 times for any backhanded undertones but I do believe that was a compliment.[emoji13][emoji23][emoji23]. Just checking on you buddy.[emoji41]

Comment

TBH, War and Peace, on T shirts going on.

Glad to see Kyler pick football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

-john
                                You didn't answer my questions......

Comment

Working...
                                X