Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyler Murray with the middle finger to the A's!

I hate the As.

Michael, this thread blows (for various reasons), think we could start anew?

Comment

While we are talking this, the only school I have ever seen "graduated from" become a football fandom matter is the Aggies.....ever.... This question by an Ag is a perfect example.

Why does it matter so much ? LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Michigan.... have a lot of fans. So are you telling me all their fans there are all grads? No way in hell...especially the teams in the South. I've been in discussions with rabid LSU, Arkie, OU and Bama fans that would make Texas fandom seem subdued. A quick trip to SEC Rant will show that. Yet, there is only one school the Ags aim the vile at.. Hell I have seen Aggie fans who are non-grads call Texas folks T-shirts including one in here that posts semi regularly.. That's a **** head scratcher for sure...

I can certainly remember back in the Jackie Sherrill FedEx days back when the Ags were actually good, there being an awful lot of maroon running around this state. I don't recall any Tshirt talk back then from the Texas side. You liked who you liked and that was that. Now Texas flips the script in the late 1990s and 2000s and here comes the T-shirt talk phenomena....

To me ...this non grad T-shirt phenomena is almost a way of saying your alma mater is so unlikable that only alums could possibly be a fan. Is that the perception that is wanted? Seems very disadvantageous to take that angle to me. It's really very simple and it doesn't seem all that complicated to me....if your school is likable and successful folks want to associate with it. If your school is not likeable or unsuccessful, you try to make fun of folks who associate with schools that do....I'm guessing as a line of defense.....

Comment

Born in Oklahoma and was raised a die hard Sooner fan. Loved the rivalry with Nebraska back in the day. My father graduated form OSU. My mother graduated form OU. Both older brothers went to and graduated from OSU. I was the black sheep and went to, and graduated from, Texas because they had the better engineering school. I never even considered ATM. I have one son who graduated from ATM and one that plans to go to grad school there in the Fall.

I never knew you had to graduate from a school to be a fan. I just figured you picked one and went with it. Obviously, when I made the choice to go to Texas, I left my fandom of OU behind. I do still have a soft spot for the Cowboys though. I had some fun times visiting my brothers in Stillwater.

Comment

Ah the off season, when the same topics get rehashed out every single year. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            While we are talking this, the only school I have ever seen "graduated from" become a football fandom matter is the Aggies.....ever.... This question by an Ag is a perfect example.

Why does it matter so much ? LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Michigan.... have a lot of fans. So are you telling me all their fans there are all grads? No way in hell...especially the teams in the South. I've been in discussions with rabid LSU, Arkie, OU and Bama fans that would make Texas fandom seem subdued. A quick trip to SEC Rant will show that. Yet, there is only one school the Ags aim the vile at.. Hell I have seen Aggie fans who are non-grads call Texas folks T-shirts including one in here that posts semi regularly.. That's a **** head scratcher for sure...

I can certainly remember back in the Jackie Sherrill FedEx days back when the Ags were actually good, there being an awful lot of maroon running around this state. I don't recall any Tshirt talk back then from the Texas side. You liked who you liked and that was that. Now Texas flips the script in the late 1990s and 2000s and here comes the T-shirt talk phenomena....

To me ...this non grad T-shirt phenomena is almost a way of saying your alma mater is so unlikable that only alums could possibly be a fan. Is that the perception that is wanted? Seems very disadvantageous to take that angle to me. It's really very simple and it doesn't seem all that complicated to me....if your school is likable and successful folks want to associate with it. If your school is not likeable or unsuccessful, you try to make fun of folks who associate with schools that do....I'm guessing as a line of defense.....
            It does not matter per say...I was just curious. No harm, no foul.

-john

Comment

We consider this to be a t-shirt fan too.....don’t flatter yourself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D4E484EB-52EB-464E-9DEC-4DDF8D6CD639.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	24570985

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                We consider this to be a t-shirt fan too.....don’t flatter yourself.

[ATTACH]945562[/ATTACH]

Hell you are usually arm in arm with him pulling for your Tide....

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                  Exactly Heath!

Let’s all meet at Bownanza and have a camp fire discussion about this and other things called life! This crap would stop!

It would be real then!
                  I'm down.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB
                    Man, the trophies just keep piling up!!! And y’all made a meme for it too!! That is awesome, congrats!! Do they give this award at the ESPY’s?
                    Remember when y'all called Mack coach February? Then we all know what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Remember when y'all called Mack coach February? Then we all know what happened.
                      Program imploded and he retired?

Comment

I became a Texas fan at the ripe young age of 8. The 76 game against Arkansas on ABC. The next year I watched every game and went to the Texas games in Waco the rest of my childhood. Half of my family is north of the Red River. You pick a side. My side was Texas. My dad was a Sooner.

Here is the better question. Are children and teenagers not allowed to be a college football fan and pick a team? Are they allowed to but have to stop when they turn 18 and don't go to college or go to a smaller college than their original team they chose to be a FAN of?

Did you work for the organizations of your pro sports teams?

I am a successful business owner. I made it by working my *** off and using the natural intelligence I was born with. No need for a liberal higher education.
                        Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 02-11-2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                          Program imploded and he retired?
                          I don't think you have a clue how much of an idiot you make yourself seem to be.

I guess you think it's funny.
                          Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 02-11-2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

CFB Off Season Thread

I don't think you have a clue how much of an idiot you make yourself seem to be..

I didn’t either until you quoted him[emoji23][emoji13][emoji23]

Thanks BoB[emoji23]

Comment

I am a successful business owner. I made it by working my *** off and using the natural intelligence I was born with. No need for a liberal higher education.
                              It’s amazing you were able to be so successful with such limited resources.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                                I have a legitimate question. No I am not just trying to be an ***. I am an Aggie fan. I graduated from there. I remember back when I was in school my father-in-law would make a point of always having either a longhorn shirt or a longhorn cap on everytime I was around him. Now he never went to school there. Hell he never even sniffed college. He has never even set foot on the campus in Austin. He just thought he was supposed to be longhorn fan. Now I am not throwing rocks at him. He is free to be a fan of whatever he wants to be a fan of. My question for those of you that seem to live in this thread........how many graduated or even went to school at the university that y'all defend so strongly? In all seriousness I am interested in the answer if you will share it.

Thanks.

-john

Not that it matters.

To some I’m still a T-shirt fan because I only have a graduate degree from Texas while my undergrad was up the road in Georgetown at Southwestern...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X