Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2019....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
    I'm late to this but my wife talked me into trying out "intermittent fasting" 3 months ago. I started off at almost 54y/o from no exercising and 228lbs with my 36" waist jeans getting kinda tight.

I don't have any interest in driving into town to go to a gym, but I have a garage with a little extra room. We have a few pieces of equipment that aren't getting used, but as fitness gets better we'll see. The Bowflex Tread-climber will hurt you. The elliptical just doesn't feel right to me, like running on a hard surface. The wife wouldn't let me get rid of her old Healthrider glider from back in the day.

I found a NordicTrack X9i incline trainer on Craigslist thinking I'd use it to run in the winter months. Dang, was I right. It connects to the internet with daily maps and I can easily make maps anywhere Google Street View is active. I've ran everywhere from my hometown in SE Oklahoma, around the Vatican, and on Mt. Rainier in Washington. It even follows the terrain incline up to 40* and decline to -6*.

Right now I'm 199lbs and wearing 34" waist pants that aren't very tight. I'm running almost daily from 4-7 miles at 6-7 mph.

that NordicTrack sounds like something I'd like to try ... here it is April and I have yet to get motivated.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
      that NordicTrack sounds like something I'd like to try ... here it is April and I have yet to get motivated.

The Nordictrack incline trainers are more expensive than regular treadmills but I do like it. To get the maps and be able to make your own, requires a membership with iFit.com. The newer X11i model which is their lowest priced incline trainer is around $1500 to $2000. They have 4 models and the highest priced one is around $5000! But I’ve seen the X11i on Craigslist for $800. My wife said that it’s the best money we’ve spent on a piece of exercise equipment, and when this one dies, she wants another to replace it.

Comment

This.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Legs and shoulders day. Treadmill warmup and 3 warmup sets followed by 3 working sets 8-10 reps supersets.

Military press/seated calf raises
          Front raise with plate/hack squat
          Incline shoulder press/standing calf raise toes out/prone leg curl
          Rear delt dumbbell fly/leg extension
          Walking lunges/weighted crunch

Comment

So far I have been almost fortunate enough to stay healthy while training.

Took the MTB out for a long spin and was quite surprised to finally make it 30 miles in under 2hrs (1:56), all the training is paying off and have been on the Podium twice this year with 3 races to go I'm pretty stoked with how the year is progressing so far.

TrainerRoad has been the big factor in increasing my FTP..the structured workouts are just what I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
              So far I have been almost fortunate enough to stay healthy while training.

Took the MTB out for a long spin and was quite surprised to finally make it 30 miles in under 2hrs (1:56), all the training is paying off and have been on the Podium twice this year with 3 races to go I'm pretty stoked with how the year is progressing so far.

TrainerRoad has been the big factor in increasing my FTP..the structured workouts are just what I needed.
              Congrats and good luck on the next 3!
              Drop lunge and lean SS DB single leg squat.
              DB single leg RDL SS hip bucks.
              DB step up thrusts SS split squat jumps.

Comment

A good back and tricep day. A little stroll on the treadmill to get the hip lubed up then 3 warmup sets and 3 working sets. 3X8-10 supersets going pretty slow and working on lengthening the time under tension.

T-bar row/body weight dips
                Low row/skull crusher
                Body weight V-bar pullups/inverse grip pushdown
                Overhead cable extension/drag curls-just because I was pumped

Comment

Rope day. Regular jumps, side to side jumps, boxer shuffle, and double jumps.

Comment

Chest and shoulders today. Kept the weight moderate and cranked up the reps.

My entire body is tired.

Comment

DB deadlifts SS tubing squat to standing rows.
                      Inverted rows SS DB clean and press.
                      Burpee push-up pyramids.

Comment

Haven't posted here much.Can't ever seem to find it.
                        Still gym'n 7 days a week.Been focusing on holding at the top.Did nothing,but that for an hour this morning.Good luck fella's!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Diamond cutter push-ups SS pull-ups.
                          Incline DB bench press SS DB renegade rows.
                          Tubing rotational chest press SS tubing rotational high row.
                          Tubing face pulls with trap raises.

Comment

I’m out all week. Gotta get up early and drive to SA for the TDEM conference and back every evening. Maybe Friday I’ll get in the gym.

Comment

DB step ups SS DB swings.
                              Lunge rotation hip press SS DB side lunges.
                              Skater hops SS split squat jumps.

Comment

I’ve been traveling early and late to San Antonio every day this week for the TDEM Conference. I’ve been to tired at the end of the day to hit the gym. I’ll hit it tomorrow though.

Comment

Working...
                                X