No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It turns out I have the Duo and not the ultra so setting specific temps isn’t an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
      So that was with an instant pot and not their sous vide wand?? We got one for Christmas and I haven't taken it out of the box yet. Feeling inspired now.
      My instant pot pressure cookers do not have the right setting. This is the instant pot Aura Pro multi cooker. Basically a crock pot on steroids that can bake, steam, slow cook, roast and sous vide. Was kinda skeptical at first, but very impressed given its versatility.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
        It turns out I have the Duo and not the ultra so setting specific temps isn’t an option.
        Before I had a dedicated rig I used a cheap temp controller from Amazon and plugged my crock pot into it. Works just fine. You can do it poor redneck style with a good cooler and a thermometer but you just have to adjust the water temp periodically.

Comment

Butter after...not in the cook

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            Before I had a dedicated rig I used a cheap temp controller from Amazon and plugged my crock pot into it. Works just fine. You can do it poor redneck style with a good cooler and a thermometer but you just have to adjust the water temp periodically.

Lol, same here.
            Dorkfood temp controller, analog oval crock pot, made a gasket for the top with access for probe and airline, and a cheap aquarium air pump for circulation.
            Redneck as hell but it sure worked great[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X