2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Yea, kinda what I was thinking... Purple/gold (yellow or chartreuse tail) coccaho has been THE go-to plastic at the islands forever...

The purple with chart wasn’t it for me. Trust me I tried every plastic I had and time and time again it was chicken on a chain that brought our fish in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Quackerbox's son had a "secret" bait that he wore 'em out with and it was some kind of off-brand shrimp tail looking small bait that was clear with glitter similar to the Matrix Shad in Shrimp Creole... He picked em up while shopping one day because he thought they looked like they'd catch fish!! By the time our trip was over, we all were snapping pics of the package!!
      I say again, it's an humbling experience to get a thumping from a 17 year old!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Quackerbox's son had a "secret" bait that he wore 'em out with and it was some kind of off-brand shrimp tail looking small bait that was clear with glitter similar to the Matrix Shad in Shrimp Creole... He picked em up while shopping one day because he thought they looked like they'd catch fish!! By the time our trip was over, we all were snapping pics of the package!!
        I say again, it's an humbling experience to get a thumping from a 17 year old!!
        Why you think I don't shoot sporting clays with him!! I can usually hang with the fishing but he wore me out with that shrimp. Not even Mexicos voodoo worked

Not to mention he got those baits for 2 bucks pack. He found them on the innerwebs for 8. I told him check amazon.

I just checked swell info and windfinder for the coming weekend. I fear of a jinx but the surf could get right end of the weekend-Monday....

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Why you think I don't shoot sporting clays with him!! I can usually hang with the fishing but he wore me out with that shrimp. Not even Mexicos voodoo worked

Not to mention he got those baits for 2 bucks pack. He found them on the innerwebs for 8. I told him check amazon.

I just checked swell info and windfinder for the coming weekend. I fear of a jinx but the surf could get right end of the weekend-Monday....
          With the way the Brazos is pumping, you may be able to catch blue cats in the surf in Surfside. It was flat this past weekend and I didn’t see anybody with fish. Even the bait guys. Water was Yoo-hoo brown and very fresh.

Comment

I will be needing photos of said plastic pretty pretty please,

Comment

Originally posted by Z7X View Post
              I will be needing photos of said plastic pretty pretty please,
              I bought all I could find. Each retailer is now sold out. I could part with some stock for a nominal fee

Comment

Anybody know the story on this sunk boat in front of the Fishing Center in POC from Memorial Day weekend?

Comment

I bought all I could find. Each retailer is now sold out. I could part with some stock for a nominal fee

That’s a whole new level of crappy!

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                    Anybody know the story on this sunk boat in front of the Fishing Center in POC from Memorial Day weekend?

Owner found out he was powered by Merc. Insurance job

Comment

Owner found out he was powered by Merc. Insurance job
                      If that's a insurance job he did a poor job at it.

Comment

Fished Choctawhatchee Bay (Destin, FL) yesterday and caught/lost/broke-off 30+ bluefish in three hours on topwaters. Probably the most action packed fishing trip I've ever been on. Even had two fish on the same lure a couple of times.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yea I wanna see said bait! if the voodoo isn't working them fish retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            Yea I wanna see said bait! if the voodoo isn't working them fish retarded

I think the only hardhead I caught on that trip came off a voodoo

Comment

I think the only hardhead I caught on that trip came off a voodoo
                              Lmao! Funny you say that... I caught one trip before last on that shrimp, and last trip the drum wouldn't stay off it!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been following this thread and patiently waiting for some time on the water. Monday and Tuesday we hit the LLM with nothing but a small skiff, and push pole and a fly rod. I can tell you this is some of the most challenging and fun fishing I have ever done. Check this off the bucket list!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X