• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
    Take the left it’s marked

Just gotta know where the reefs are after the poles

Some are just the size of a boat, man I like my job
    You're not helping! Usually some guides go out and mark the new cuts this time of year. I might have to sit back and watch a few guys roll through it first before I attempt it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      You're not helping! Usually some guides go out and mark the new cuts this time of year. I might have to sit back and watch a few guys roll through it first before I attempt it.

It was sketchy enough for me last year and you said you knew where you was goin!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        It was sketchy enough for me last year and you said you knew where you was goin!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        Lol... last year was a cake walk... I went down and took a peak at it and was like nope, off I went to mad island cut. Them boys must be right. I've been on a boat before that slid way up on one of those bars... no kind of fun at all. Especially right at dark!

Comment

Well, I tried

Comment

It's very well marked. They put a ton of poles in after the flood.

When you take a left at the fork follow that out and there will be a line of poles on your left. Just follow the poles. That path isn't new, we've used it for awhile now but it wasn't the 'main path' out until now. Follow the poles and the new poles pick up about where the first reef is and then they curve south and end up just north of Parker's Cut. It's not bad at all so long as you don't do something stupid.

There is another route out the south end of the diversion channel as well. I have not run it yet. It's suppose to be pretty skinny in one area and it is not well marked or maybe not even marked at all. Some of my buddies have been running out that way. But like I say, I haven't tried it yet so I can't give you any instructions on how to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
              It's very well marked. They put a ton of poles in after the flood.

When you take a left at the fork follow that out and there will be a line of poles on your left. Just follow the poles. That path isn't new, we've used it for awhile now but it wasn't the 'main path' out until now. Follow the poles and the new poles pick up about where the first reef is and then they curve south and end up just north of Parker's Cut. It's not bad at all so long as you don't do something stupid.

There is another route out the south end of the diversion channel as well. I have not run it yet. It's suppose to be pretty skinny in one area and it is not well marked or maybe not even marked at all. Some of my buddies have been running out that way. But like I say, I haven't tried it yet so I can't give you any instructions on how to find it.
              Awesome! Thank you for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                [ATTACH]951629[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]951630[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]951631[/ATTACH]
                My new to me curado 100 DSV thanks to fish4food on here, reel is as smooth as butter with stock bearings in it. Can’t wait to catch some fish with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                The D's were the best Curado's made. My favorite reel of all time. Granted, I haven't picked on up that was made in the past 6 years.

Comment

7 reds , 1 flatfish.... couldn't find a trout to save my life. Can't remember the last time I was on the bay with those winds. Probably 22 to 25 out of the east, it was brutal getting back to the ramp from West!

The joys of short flat boats on big water.

Comment

Awesome! Thank you for the info!

No problem. It's actually an easier path out than what we were running last year. It's just a longer distance if you are heading west.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                      The joys of short flat boats on big water.
                      Lol... yes sir! I ran the shore with ease but cutting across to mad island was a little sketchy she did it no problem, but if I had dentures I'm sure I'd lost them... ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        The D's were the best Curado's made. My favorite reel of all time. Granted, I haven't picked on up that was made in the past 6 years.

It feels awesome and looks like she’ll last. Hopefully I’ll get to test it on the water soon.

Comment

It feels awesome and looks like she’ll last. Hopefully I’ll get to test it on the water soon.

If you’re looking for some cheaper reels that have really held up great for me, the 13 Fishing Inception Saltwater has been a really good fishing reel. I have 4 of them and been running them now for three years with no issues, and that’s 2-3 times a week in the water. They run around $120.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            If you’re looking for some cheaper reels that have really held up great for me, the 13 Fishing Inception Saltwater has been a really good fishing reel. I have 4 of them and been running them now for three years with no issues, and that’s 2-3 times a week in the water. They run around $120.

This is the only baitcast I need, if something ends up happening to it I’ll look into those but I think this one will do just fine. As long as I don’t mess around with the kingfish like I do with my inshore spinning setups I should be good to go, lol

Comment

[ATTACH]951629[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]951630[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]951631[/ATTACH]
                              My new to me curado 100 DSV thanks to fish4food on here, reel is as smooth as butter with stock bearings in it. Can’t wait to catch some fish with it.

Your post made me think of something I’ve been wondering about. What color braid are y’all using and why? If you use a bright color like pink, are you also using a clear fluoro or mono leader? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                                Your post made me think of something I’ve been wondering about. What color braid are y’all using and why? If you use a bright color like pink, are you also using a clear fluoro or mono leader? Thanks.

I usually run of green braid but I went pink on this one just for the look. I always run a fluoro leader no matter what I’m doing so the braid doesn’t get seen. Interestingly enough though, this pink disappears really well under water. Pretty much invisible

Comment

Working...
                                X