2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Hey Mexico, how's that foot that got hit?
    Nothing too it. No pain maybe just a little sore. I was wondering if I should get a tetanus shot though. Might see what the wife thinks. I'm dang lucky it didn't go in deeper. I meant to post a pic of my boot, I'll do that in a bit..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea, if you haven't had a tetanus shot in the last 10 years, or if you can't remember if you had one or not, go get one... That's pretty good insurance on protection against some bad ju-ju...

Comment

Yea, if you haven't had a tetanus shot in the last 10 years, or if you can't remember if you had one or not, go get one... That's pretty good insurance on protection against some bad ju-ju...
        Lucky or maybe unlucky for me, as many accidents as I have im up to date on my shots.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          so you CAN set the hook!!!

Good work Bud

Thanks, believe or not I only lost one today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seeing this stingray stuff. I was just going to get ray guards and wear over my old tennis shoes. Should I buy boots too?

Forgive me for all the questions. I'm 600 miles from the coast and this is a rare trip for us.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              Thanks, believe or not I only lost one today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's the way it goes, things run in streaks whether its catching or missing

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Nothing too it. No pain maybe just a little sore. I was wondering if I should get a tetanus shot though. Might see what the wife thinks. I'm dang lucky it didn't go in deeper. I meant to post a pic of my boot, I'll do that in a bit..

Go get one if you got time. Even though mine was up to date, they gave me another after I got hit.

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                  Seeing this stingray stuff. I was just going to get ray guards and wear over my old tennis shoes. Should I buy boots too?

Forgive me for all the questions. I'm 600 miles from the coast and this is a rare trip for us.

If this is a one time trip I wouldn’t go buy boots. Hell I wore old yard shoes from the time I started wading with my dad when I was kid until last year. Finally broke down and bought boots. Take your time and drag your feet.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                    If this is a one time trip I wouldn’t go buy boots. Hell I wore old yard shoes from the time I started wading with my dad when I was kid until last year. Finally broke down and bought boots. Take your time and drag your feet.

Sierracharlie out…
                    Yeah it's just a one time trip. We may go gigging with my cousin. The guide just said to wear an old pair of tennis shoes in case we get in an oyster bed. He said we can fish from the boat but as hot as it will be wade fishing would better than being stuck in a hot boat.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                      I actually got them on the little H&H shrimp like Philip told me to throw!

But I’m definitely buying new jig heads.
                      With barbs!!! Nicely done!

Something I failed to mention was chasing that pod of redfish yesterday. There wasnt many keepers in it but it was fun!! I even caught myself getting a little nervous walking up on them in knee deep water. Hard to give up when its like that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I'm going in to get some antibiotics and maybe a shot. Foot isn't too bad a little swollen but might as well be proactive.

Comment

Well Shane, my doc told me it was a good thing when I got hit that the barb went thru a neoprene boot first... sort of cleaned it off a bit before going into the side of my foot... Looks like you benefited in a similar manner! That hurts just looking where that sucker went in! Deeper would have caused you SERIOUS pain and other problems likely!! Lots of tendons n ligaments n bone right there!

Comment

Well Shane, my doc told me it was a good thing when I got hit that the barb went thru a neoprene boot first... sort of cleaned it off a bit before going into the side of my foot... Looks like you benefited in a similar manner! That hurts just looking where that sucker went in! Deeper would have caused you SERIOUS pain and other problems likely!! Lots of tendons n ligaments n bone right there!
                            Yes sir, I'm kinda glad I had a few beers in me when it happened ( dulled the pain a touch). I was sweating bullets when I pulled that boot off in anticipation of what I was going to find underneath, and only pulled out about a quarter of an inch of barb...super lucky!

Comment

All This ray talk has me thinking. what else other than what shane posted a pic of are yall wearing (everlast type boots)?

My boots tend to hurt only my left foot when wading all day. ive tried the full boots but they're HEAVY. Might be time to get something new

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                All This ray talk has me thinking. what else other than what shane posted a pic of are yall wearing (everlast type boots)?

My boots tend to hurt only my left foot when wading all day. ive tried the full boots but they're HEAVY. Might be time to get something new

I used to use the full boot with the guards but there was no way. Feet would cramp up within an hour. Useless.

Comment

Working...
                                X